Chapter Twenty-One

I was so tired but I had to stay awake. It was like being surrounded by dark and once you closed your eyes, all the monsters would come out. I knew we still had about 40 minutes left in the car. I knew there was no way I was going to survive that. I closed my mouth in hopes I wouldn't drool. Ten minutes later, I was asleep. I tried to fight it, but it didn't work. I fell asleep. Of course sleep isn't complete if you don't have a nightmare that scares you. So, my sleep was complete. I was thrown into a familiar place. I was in the sidemen's house. Simon sat doubled over in pain with Ethan by him in the corner. Josh had Aaron on him, pinning him to the ground. No one else was there.

"Hang on, Simon. I'm calling the police," I heard Ethan say. So I guess he called the cops. Aaron flipped around and lunged at Ethan. The phone went flying out of Ethan's hand.

"Grace, get the phone and end the call or they all die," Aaron said, grabbed the knife from Simons stomach and holding it to Ethan. I reached for the phone. I grabbed it and saw Ethan had called the police. They were on the line. I quickly ended the call and slid the phone towards Aaron. Now Josh was up. He grabbed the knife from Aaron's hand and tried to stab Aaron. Instead Aaron grabbed the knife from Josh's hand. He slit Ethan's throat and went after Josh. Now Ethan was lying on the ground, drowning in his own blood. Simon had bled out and stopped breathing. Now it was just Josh and I against Aaron. "Here goes your favorite," he said, jabbing the knife into Josh's leg. He pulled the knife out and thrust it into the other one.

"Stop," I howled. Aaron just laughed and ripped the knife down Josh's leg, cutting it wide open. Josh screamed and reached for his leg. Aaron raised the knife and ran it through Josh's hand, pinning his hand to his leg. Then I heard footsteps. Harry and Vik ran down the stairs and saw what was happening. Aaron cackled and grabbed a pair of scissors. He ran them through Vik's head. He fell to the ground and Aaron grabbed the scissors from his head. Harry was trying to run, but did the most cliche thing to do. He tripped. Aaron jumped on him and raised his head. Then he brought it back down, slamming his head into the floor. He continued to do it. I could see the blood splattering all around. I could hear Harry screaming and whimpering as his consciousness left. Then the door opened and Tobi walked in, Sasha behind him.

"Leave," I shouted at them. Before they could take in the seen, Aaron lept on Tobi. Then he grabbed him and brought him over to the kitchen. Tobi screamed when he saw Ethan and Simon. It was a horrible scream. Aaron opened a few cupboards and pulled out a frying pan. He smiled as he beat the hell out of Tobi. When he threw the pan down, Tobi's face wasn't recognizable. Then he ran at Sasha. "No," I screamed. Aaron grabbed Sasha's hair and dragged her over to the fireplace. He simply lit a match, and threw it into the fire. Sasha's hair caught fire and she screamed. Aaron laughed historically before running out the door. I was still alive, trapped in the house. Ethan and Simon were dead, I knew that much. Tobi and Vik were far gone. I didn't know if Josh was still alive, and I knew that Sasha was screwed.

"Grace," I heard some one yell. "Grace, wake up." My head snapped up and my eyes opened. I felt wet and cold. They were all looking at me. I was scared. I could feel tears on my face and my body was sweating.

"Grace, are you okay?" Harry asked me. I nodded. "Well, we're here if you want to go in. It's better than the Nando's close to us. It's still the same restaurant though."

"Okay. I'm not really hungry, I think I'll just stay here, if that's okay," I said.

"Do you want someone to stay with you?" Vik asked. "We can just bring you some food if you want. You can eat it in here."

"I don't want to hold any of you back. I'll just stay here," I paused. "Just buy me something good with this. Make it cheap though. Maybe even just a drink," I said, handing them my money. Vik and Harry opened their car doors and got out.

"Josh, are you coming?" Harry asked.

"I think I'll stay here with Grace, protect her and such," he said with a smile. He reached into his pocket and threw them his wallet, "Get me my usual and bring it out here." They nodded and left the car. Josh and I sat in the back, both of us looking at our phones.

"You didn't have to stay here, ya know. You could have gone in there with them," I said, looking up from my phone and at him. Josh glanced over at me.

"It's okay. You seemed quite scared. You started screaming and crying and you wouldn't wake up. I think I'll just stay here," he said. I nodded and put one ear bud back in. "You know you're beautiful, Grace, don't you?" Josh asked me. I looked over at him. Was he serious?

"Um...what?" I asked, my cheeks turning red. I looked back down at my phone. It was getting quite dark out so I was hoping Josh couldn't see me.

"You're beautiful," he said once again. I lowered my head and looked at my pants. My phone was off and all was silent. Josh reached his hand over to me and grabbed me chin, making me raise my head. I looked over at him. He had moved a little closer. "Don't deny it Grace," he said, leaning in. I decided to go with it and not ruin the moment. I moved in closer, closing the space between us. Our lips connected and I smiled.