Chapter Thirteen

When I woke up, I realized. I had been asleep for a while. The room I was in was dark and no one was around me. I could tell I was in a hospital yet again. Once my eyes had adjusted to the dark, I looked around and saw a clock. 12:35 it read. I decided to go to sleep even though I wasn't tired.

When I woke up the next morning I hit the button on the side of my bed. A nurse walked through the door, seconds later.

"Do you need something, ma'am?" The nurse asked.

"Yeah, what happened?" I asked.

"I don't know. You came in here last night," she said.

"I know that. Like my injuries though."

"Oh, you have some. You have a broken nose, a busted lip, some trauma to the skull, few dislocated ribs, nothing to severe though. Other than that, just a few cuts and bruises," the nurse said. That sounded just great.

"So, there was this guy with me named Tobi. What happened to him? Is he okay?" I asked.

"Just a few more injuries than you," she said.

"Okay," I said.

"Anything else, ma'am," she asked.

"Yeah. If you see anyone else go into Tobi's room, can you ask one of them to come here?" I asked.

"I'll see what I can do," she simply stated before leaving the room. I flipped on the tv and decided to watch channels. Several hours later, I heard a knock on the door. It slowly creaked open and Simon walked in.

"What do you want?" He asked, turning away from me.

"I just wanted to see how Tobi was doing. Is he okay?" I asked.

"He's fine. Why would you care?" Simon yelled at me.

"Tobi's done a lot for me, Simon. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. It was Aaron's fault. I didn't think he'd find me," I said.

"Who's Aaron?" Simon asked.

"He's my ex-boyfriend. He's the one that hurt Tobi and me," I said. Simon nodded and turned to face me. "So, how's Josh doing?" I asked.

"Josh is doing okay. He wasn't happy that we wouldn't let him go to the hospital though," Simon said, a small smile on his face.

"I bet."

"So, I'm going to go if you don't mind," Simon said.

"Okay." Simon stood up and walked toward the door. He stopped in front of the door and turned back to me.

"How do you know my name?" He asked. Oh, I didn't think about that.

"When Tobi called you a few nights ago, I heard him say your name. I was just guessing it was you," I said, hoping he would believe it. He nodded. "By the way, my names Grace," I said. Simon walked over to me and stuck out his hand.

"Simon, but I guess you already know that," he said, laughing. I stuck out my hand and grabbed his. We shook hands and then Simon walked away. He left me alone, making me feel scared and insecure.