Chapter Twenty Seven.

It has been one month. One month, and he still hasn't woken up. His bruises are going away though. Most have actually gone. Sadly, I was no where near finding out who done it to him. For all I know it could have been a random stranger.

I was sitting at school. Moping still. Most people sent their regards and all. I didn't pay any attention in lessons, or school for that matter. My friends obviously tried cheering me up but did it work? Of course not. My boyfriend is lying in a coma and may not wake up.

I sighed. We had a substitute teacher. I wasn't even paying attention to her. Everyday after school I'd go visit him, hoping he would be awake but he just lies there not moving apart from his chest rising up and down.

Thankfully this was the last lesson. I decided to check my phone. I was bored. I was also hoping on news about Alex.

From: Alex's Mum
I'm picking you up after school to take you to the hospital.

Is everything ok?

Uh, I'll tell you later.

Crap, what if it's bad news? I look at the time.. Five more minutes. I swear, when you want to be somewhere time goes super slow. I sigh again.

I did have an idea who had left him practically for dead. Ryan. But, part of me doesn't think so because they are cousins and cousins wouldn't do that to each other. Or would they? I mean Ryan is crazy enough to do so, right? Plus the fact he was arrested and I believe he went to jail. So it couldn't be him..

Soon enough, the bell went and I bolted is out the room and found Alex's mum waiting. "Hello dear. You okay?"

"Uh yeah, is Alex okay? Is he awake?" She stayed silent. "Come on tell me, I'm freaking out here. It's been a month."

"I know, I know. But.. Just lets be silent. It's nicer." The way she was acting confused me. What if everything isn't okay?

***

We got to the hospital and I legged it out of the car and without waiting for her I legged it to Alex's room. The room he's been in for a month. I ran into his room and he smiled at me. I started to tear up but blinked them away. "What did I miss?"

"I hate you so much." I say.

"What did I do? I've been in a coma for a month.. Or have I?"

I shake my head and walk towards him. "I really do hate you."

"What about love?"

"I love you as well."

"How can you love and hate me?" He said, raising an eyebrow.

"I missed your annoying voice." I hug him tightly. I didn't want him to go again.

"Yes and I missed yours too, well actually I heard you talking. I just couldn't wake up no matter how badly I wanted to and hug the life out of you."

"Shouldn't I be the one saying I want to hug the life out of you?"

"Nope."

"You're a dick."

"Now tell me, what have I done for you to hate me?" He says, grinning. Well, he's definitely back to normal. Wait, where was his mum? Or maybe she's giving is time to catch up? Who cares? Alex is awake!

"You got in a stupid car crash and nearly lost your freakin' life. You left me - all of us even - crying and hoping you'd just wake the hell up. But you took your freakin' time."