𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

˟˟˟˟

˟˟˟˟

It had been a little hectic when we got back to the school. Phone calls with parents or the honour council, sorting out more paperwork that appeared out of nowhere and filling out forms for the students that lived here.

In the midst of that, I got a phone call from an unknown caller.

"Hello, Salvatore Boarding School for the Young and Gifted, this is Charlotte Forbes speaking." I say professionally.

"Charlotte, hi it's Davina" a familiar voice said.

"Oh, hey Davina, how are you?"

"I'm good thanks. I was just talking with my family about your offer to see the school this week and we were wondering if you're still up to it" she asks, I noticed that there were quite a lot of shuffling and voices in the background but it was too quiet.

"Of course it is, for your niece, right?" I ask, taking out a notebook and she responded with a yes. 

"Can I get her name and age as well as one of her parents on the phone?" Davina sounds as if she is panicking, there were a lot of whispering on her end before she coughs.

"Well, her name is Hope and she's sixteen years old, both her parents are out right now but I'm also her guardian and her parents did agree with this decision." She rushes out.

"Okay, well I am going to need at least one of her parents present for the viewing because we would need to talk about some information on the school and Hope herself."

"Oh well we were hoping to have a private viewing since the entire family wants to see the school" she says.

"That's completely fine, would Friday, around 5pm be alright then?" I ask. Thursday already had a viewing and some meetings so both Ric and I would be too busy.

"Yes, yes that's perfect! Thank you." She cheers.

"No problem, I'll see you then." We say our goodbyes and hang up then I call Ric's office and inform him of the new meeting. 

"Aw man, I wanted to watch the talent show" Ric groans making me laugh at his childish antics.

"Well, who said we couldn't show them that, I guess it promotes how we work together as a school." I try justifying the logic but honestly we just wanna watch how the kids do.

"Exactly, so we have to go" he laughs before sighing for a moment. 

"The girls should be coming back on Friday morning, they still won't tell me what they're doing for show and just by the thought of  Lizzie, it's giving me grey hair" he jokes.

"Finally, it feels like they've been gone forever, I miss them and just trust them, I'll make sure it's something that won't cause you a heart attack." I chuckle with him.

"That's impossible." He mumbles.

A knock interrupts our conversation.

"Come in." We yell in unison.

Ric give me a look.

"Hey this is my office, I get to invite people in."

"Oh relax you big baby."

We continue to squabble until someone clears their throat. We look up to see Eric Jamison, our Chemistry of Magic teacher, in blackened clothes, the smell of burnt clothes filling my nose but the most interesting ~ more like hilarious ~ part of this picture was that his eyebrows and eyelashes were missing and smoke was coming out of his hair that was now missing a few patches of blond hair.

"Oh my god." I say standing up.

"What happened to you?" Ric asked warily.

I look at him, top to bottom but he didn't have a single scar.

"I accidentally incinerated myself using hellfire." He mumbles, looking down in shame.

A laugh bursts out of me but I slam my hands to my mouth to stop, I glimpse at Ric who was already staring at me with a dumbfound look, I could tell by his eyes he wanted to laugh and that exchanged look was what cracked the both of us up.

Laughter bubbled out of us, filling the awkwardly quiet room, when I noticed Eric's cheeks redden, I quieten down with my laughter which Ric didn't notice until I slapped my hand on his chest.

I clear my throat and straighten up.

"Eric, do you feel okay? Are you hurt?"

He scratches his head. "Other than my pride, I'm good."

Ric, still with a goofy smile asks

Ric, still with a goofy smile asks. "Maybe you should take the rest of the week off, Charlotte and I will gladly cover for you."

"Are you sure?" He asks shyly.

"Absolutely, take time to recover, you never know it can have traumatising effect on you, hell maybe we might even have to do a psych evaluation when you come back." I blab, Ric nods while Eric looks a little nervous but he nods in agreement. 

"Do you want one of us to drop you off home?" I ask, worried.

"No. No, I'll be okay" he politely declines and thanks us again before leaving. 

I hear his footsteps fade and look at Ric again, it was silent for a few seconds before we burst into laughter again.

˟˟˟˟

Extremely short chapter but I did always wonder what happened to the chemistry of magic teacher from legacies.

I've been up since 5am and it's currently 10pm so excuse any grammar or spelling mistakes, please.

Also thank you for voting and commenting on the chapters, they make my day 🥰