𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

˟˟˟˟

˟˟˟˟

By the time the girls arrived back to the Mikaelson mansion, it was dark and the only illuminating light was the moon.

"Are we going to be safe here?" Hayley asked, cautiously looking back and forth, the vampire unlocks the front door and allows the older woman to walk by, only for her to pause to look around and see if anyone was about to jump at her, Charlotte rolls her eyes and gently pushes her in before closing the door, she heads straight to the living room where the good alcohol was sitting on the table besides the fireplace.

Pouring out two glasses of bourbon, she hands one to Hayley who gratefully takes it while Charlotte takes a sip out of her own glass before dropping down on the comfy couch and crossing her legs, staring at Hayley who had found herself standing near the lit fireplace.

"So, how does a gal like you find themselves making deals with a bitch like Kathrine Pierce?" I ask curiously. "I was in New Orleans trying to find information about my real parents." The brunette shrugged, waving her glass.

"Ah, let me guess; you're an orphan in search of her birth parents who stumbled upon the devil and ended up making a deal with her." Charlotte cuts her off and gives her a playfully look, Hayley has a small smile and nods. "Basically. Kathrine knew I was talking to Shane, she needed an insider so we made a deal. I'll give her the inside scoop and she helps me find out information about my parents."

"Only for her to use you then screw you over once she got what she wanted. Classic Kat."

Hayley raises an eyebrow when she hears a hint of bitterness in the younger girl's voice. "Best friend?" She jokes, trying to lessen the slight tension.

Charlotte scoffs and sarcastically nods. "Totally. Can't you see? I'm her biggest fan." She points at her straight face that causes Hayley to burst out laughing.

"What's your problem with her?" The wolf asks.

"Hmm, well she killed and turned both Caroline and I because she needed vampires for Nik's crazy hybrid ritual and partially for revenge, she manipulated my sister one too many times, killed a boy who I knew since I was a kid, turned Damon and Stefan against each other when they were human before getting them killed and screwed not just me and my friends but probably hundreds of others to get what she wants." Hayley looks at her wide eyes before slowly nodding.

"Okay, so she ruined your lives." Charlotte laughs and downs the glass before pouring out another. "Like I said, she turned me and my sister into vampires ~ although we're weirdly better off."

She explained how Caroline was as a human and how Charlotte had demons of her own before everything change and then how vampirism has changed them for the better. Hayley looked at her, thinking thoughtfully for a moment.

"I was drunk on a boat trip and accidentally killed someone. Next thing i know, I had transformed for the first time in my adoptive parents' living room; after wreaking havoc in the house they kicked me out ~ I was only thirteen." She tried to shrug it off but Charlotte could tell how much it truly affected the werewolf by just looking into her eyes.