𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

˟˟˟˟

˟˟˟˟

After Rebekah and I "made up" I made the girls some lunch while I slid a glass of bourbon across the table to the uncharacteristically shy hybrid who had been avoiding eye contact with me for the past twenty minutes.

The girls were half way through their sandwiches when the rest of the Mikaelson clan walked in with Ric. "I was just showing them the back acre." He explained when he saw my confusion.

"Where's Lizzie?" I asked but speak of the devil and the devil shall appear because she walked in with her head held high wearing new clothes and her hair slightly looking damped.

"Afternoon everyone." She brightly says. "Sorry about my ~" she awkwardly coughs. "I was having a bit of a bad day." She pauses for a moment before shaking her head. "Right, so if we could just pretend the last two days didn't exist. Hi, I'm Lizzie ~ named after my mother's mom." She said with a proud smile, Lizzie loved the fact that she was named after such a strong woman who took care of two daughters all by herself and was such an incredible and loving person. Josie comes up beside her and they link arms. "And I'm Josie."

Lizzie held her hand out first to Rebekah who was closest to me. "It's a pleasure to meet you two darlings. I'm Rebekah Mikaelson." She shakes her hands, smiling at her.

"These are my older brothers Elijah, Kol and Klaus." She pointed at each of them and in return they offered their hands to shake, I think ~ I'm not too sure but Lizzie blushed when Kol gave a friendly peck in the back of her hand and Josie got a strange look when she shook hands with Niklaus.

"This is my older sister Freya, Kol's wife Davina and Elijah's fiancée Hayley. You already know Hope." For some odd reason, my chest felt lighter when she said that ~ I am not jealous, I don't get jealous ~ but it made the pit in my stomach vanish.

"Well, I'd also like to apologise for my behaviour yesterday during the talent show. I shouldn't of accused you guys of not being friends with my mother ~ it's just that, I know all of my mothers friends and she's never mentioned you." She said strangely in a polite manner.

Alaric and I exchange worried looks which don't go unnoticed by the blonde fifteen-year-old. "Yeah, yeah I know. But I was sitting on my bed and I started thinking maybe if I just try to be more like Josie then all the meltdowns would stop." She quietly said, walking towards us.

"Baby, being someone else isn't going to help, you just need to find yourself. Trust me, when I was your age, I went through like ten different phases and I gave grandma Liz ten new grey hairs each time I went through them." I explained. Her idea wasn't the best since it would just make her more focused on how Josie acts rather than focusing on herself.