𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒘𝒐

˟˟˟˟

˟˟˟˟

Elijah and Charlotte sat on the familiar memorial bench for a little while, catching up on what they were doing the past couple of years, the latter knew he was holding back due to his engagement with Hayley but she honestly was happy for him.

Elijah Mikaelson was the brother who put his happiness behind his siblings' for centuries and now after years of knowing him, he looked genuinely stress free.

"I'm glad to see you here Charlotte." He said, a smile forming on his face. "Considering ~"

"Considering I was a heartless bitch, high on blood the last time you saw me." Eli gave a look to her. "Well, I wasn't going to say it like that but yes, your humanity was off and your friends requested that I'd come and help you."

"So you flew all the way to Amsterdam after I created havoc back in Mystic Falls." Charlotte smiled at him gratefully.

"Well, I always have consider you as part of the Mikaelsons so." He shrugs and looks at the blonde who was gazing at the stars.

"I am sorry ~ I don't really remember telling you that."

"But you did, multiple times, I don't think you were lucid though." Elijah assured her, the look in her eyes showed the guilt she still felt for hurting a close friend.

"Well I'd like to say it in my own mindset then."

A few minutes were spent in a comfortable silence, both soaking in the autumn wind and starry night, a moment later Elijah broke the quiet atmosphere.

"I didn't tell him." He stayed, looking up. Charlotte broke her gaze with the moon and turned her head to him, waiting for him to continue. "When Stefan Salvatore asked me to help him, I couldn't find myself going to Niklaus to inform him of your predicament, I mean as his older brother I should've gone and told him that the woman he loves may of needed him the most but I just ... couldn't."

Charlotte stayed quiet as Elijah kept rambling on, a part of her was worried that he may have had too much to drink but she knew him too well, this wasn't rambling, he was leading up to something.

"But I knew he didn't deserve to know, after everything he took part in along with Hayley, he didn't have the right to know so I didn't tell him, I didn't tell anyone."

Charlotte gave a moment for Elijah to catch his breath. "Thank you." She continued a few second later when he gave her a confused look. "For not telling them." She shrugs.

"All I could imagine was if Kol had joined you." Elijah said in horror causing Charlotte to burst out laughing. "Oh if Kol was with me, who knows what we would have done."

"All I know is that I would have been cleaning up twice as much after the both of you." He rolled his eyes at the thought as the two vampires chuckled.