𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

˟˟˟˟

˟˟˟˟

A gasp jerked me out of my revive, looking beside me was Rebekah who looked slightly distraught, her hand was tightly squeezing mine, making me realise what I had done.

"Did I just show you my memories?" I say apologetically, she nods and turns to me before pulling me into a tight hug.

"I should never of left." She mumbles into my shoulder. I sadly smile, remembering why she did before my heart slightly breaking more when I look at the reason beside her. He looked devastated, heartbroken, angry, any depressing emotion you could think of.

"Did I do it to all of you?" I asked confused. Elijah tightened his grip on my hand. "No, seeing its just Rebekah and I holding your hands and Niklaus with Rebekah. We figured that you didn't really know Freya, Hayley and Davina much, you may feel an intrusion of privacy." His way with words made me giggle.

"Always have a way with words, don't you Elijah?" I smirk at him and he smiles back.

"Want to know what happened next?" I ask even though I know the answer. The only response I get is Rebekah and Elijah tightening their grip on my hand.

Closing my eyes, I remember what happened next.

2012~ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆/ 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕

I always thought that when I'd die, my life would flash before my eyes and I would remember all the good times I'd live through but instead of that, I opened my eyes to a starry night and trees ~ lots and lots of trees.

I was in the woods, okay then.

I started to walk around but would occasionally stop when I thought I heard a branch snap or leaves crunch. I wasn't worried, I mean, I'm already dead what more can they do?!

However, even though I kept saying that through my brain, my paranoia didn't leave me so I kept looking around me. Though, this led me bumping until someone.

"Now, come on darling. That's not how you say hello to your dead best friend." The familiar accent floods my ears and I whip my head forward only to see the youngest Mikaelson brother.

"Kol." I breathed, looking from him top to bottom. He was still wearing the clothes from the day he died, a large smile ~ not a smirk but an actual smile. Before I know it, I'm pulling him in a tight embrace.

"Hello to you too." He laughs and wraps his arms around me. I tighten my grip on him for a moment, letting it sink in that he was actually here. "Holy crap I've missed you."  

"As much as I missed you, let me inform you of the many ways you prove to be an idiot." He pulls away, beginning to scold me. I roll my eyes at him and look down. "Listen, it was either this or dying a longer, more painful death."