𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

˟˟˟˟

˟˟˟˟

"And that's what you missed on Mystic Falls." Comedically saying it as if i was a tv presenter.

No one said anything, it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. I felt eyes on me but I kept my gaze on a fashion magazine that Lizzie left on the table last time she was here.

There was an awkward silence ~ I absolutely despise awkward silences and the fact that I have just allowed everyone to see through my memories, it's kind of overwhelming and intimidating and I can feel my heart beating a little faster every time and it's awkward because my ex-boyfriend is here and I don't want any pity from that son of a bitch which is ironic because his mom with a massive one and great Charlotte, you're rambling in your mind now! 

Thankfully, rapid knocking had filled the quiet room making me clear my throat and wipe my eyes. "Come in!" And in walked a worried looking Hope and Josie.

"Hey sweetie, what's wrong?" I moved closer to the edge of my seat on the couch. "Mom, major clean-up on aisle L." The moment she says that, worry fills my face and my hand goes straight to my forehead, trying to smooth out my worry lines.

"What happened?" I asked. "She was fine, last time I saw her."

"New boy said the wrong things." She stated making me sigh. "Where is she?" 

She hesitates before answering causing more worry to stir. "Kitchen."

I shot up from my seat and begin to speed walk towards the door, mumbling about all the dangerous cutlery.

Jogging downstairs, I could already hear the crashing and the screaming coming from the kitchen that everyone knew not to enter when Lizzie Saltzman is having one of her "episodes". Just as I walked in, something sliver and sharp was flying into my direction, I didn't even process it until someone pulled me back into them and grabbed the object mid-air.

Electricity sparks throughout my body as a warm and comfortable arm fits perfectly around my waist. Eyes wide staring at the knife that was about to stab my head, I tilt my head so I could see how my saviour was and of course it was those stupid blue eyes. However, turning my head made me realise the distance between us ~ more so the lack of, that and the very arm that was now currently wrapped securely around my waist.

We stood there, staring into each others eyes for what felt like hours, mostly likely seconds, until Lizzie spoke up, with her kicked puppy dog face. "Hi mommy." Her eyes start to water as she looks around and realises the damage she caused.

Moving his arm from my waist, I move towards my oldest daughter. "Hiya baby." I wrap my arms around her shoulders, she leans in and I could feel my shirt begin to dampen. "It's okay, it's okay sweetheart. It's not your fault." I kiss her forehead and close my eyes as I run my fingers through her hair, calming her down.