𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

˟˟˟˟

˟˟˟˟

Of course the response were predictable; shock, curiosity, confusion and so on but the grip on my hands tightened and I sadly smile at him when he continued to say. "They're biologically mine and my dead fiancée Jo but that doesn't mean Charlotte isn't their mother." He defends me, I nudge his shoulder as thanks.

"So you and ex-psycho were not and are not together." Kol bluntly said, immediately getting told off and smacked by Freya and Davina.

"Ew, gross no." We say in unison. "We're mates not dates." I say meaningly, looking at Kol. He always said that to get Klaus off his back about us being friends.

"We're friends and we co-parent." Alaric said, rolling his eyes at Kol's antics. "So ~ so you're not their not biological mother." Rebekah said, treading lightly around the subject, giving her a pitiful smile I shake my head.

"Biologically they are not mine, but you know, I gave birth to them, I was there when they said their first words, Im lucky enough to get to love them everyday and whenever they're in need, they would always come to me, so yeah I am their mother." I couldn't help but reason with her, trying to show her that even if they weren't mine, I still treat them as if they are.

"And not to be bias but she's the best mother in the world." A voice said from the door, behind us were the twins and Hope, Josie was the one who said that making me smile at her.

"No offence, Mrs Mikaelson." Lizzie quickly added causing Hayley to giggle. They both took a few steps towards us so that they're right behind us and wrap their arms around my shoulder and kiss my cheeks making me blush. "We love you momma." Lizzie says leaning her head on my shoulders.

"Naw shucks. I love you both too. Now hug your dad before he thinks you love me more than him." Alaric opens and closes his mouth trying to think of a response before pouting and crossing his arms. All the girls bursted into laughter and this was the moment I wanted to remember, all my friends (some, others I didn't know much) and my kids, watching my girls laugh made me brightly smile but I could feel someone's gaze on me, turning my heads, my eyes connected with the original hybrids, my breath hitched but I gave him a bright smile and in return he gave me a soft smile that usually would be reserved for just his family.

Maybe it's time for fresh start.

˟˟˟˟

When the next day arrived, it felt like the Mikaelsons never left in the first place. The afternoon we had spent talking about everything that happened when they left for New Orleans and that talk lasted until night, when the girls yawned was when we realised how late it had gotten.