𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

˟˟˟˟

˟˟˟˟

They left the Grill after having their lunch and ended up at Steven's Quarry, the same place where many people's lives were ruined, the same place where Stefan and Damon woke up in transition, the same place where Klaus broke his hybrid curse, where Stefan was thrown in a safe and dumped into the river by Silas, there were so much more that happened so Charlotte thought it was a good idea to bring the girls there ~ to be nostalgic.

Lizzie and Josie were sitting on a nearby log whilst Charlotte and Hope were on top of the car hood, the teens engrossed in the story of a humanity-less Elena Gilbert.

"So Aunt Elena was just more annoying than usual?" Lizzie summarised, getting hit by her sister on the arm and gaining a glare by her mother.

The mood got tenser as Charlotte told the girls about one of the worst day of her life, the twins sat closer together as Hope clenched her teeth and wrapped her arms around herself.

The vampire finished off the story by wiping the tear that leaked, avoiding eye contact with all, staring at the lake that held her beat friend hostage for three months.

"How do you do it?" Josie asked, breaking the moment of silence making the group look at her. "How do you manage to put on a smile on your face everyday when you've gone through so much crap?"

"At first it was hard, so hard. I had my friends, I had my mom and Caroline but sometimes there somethings that people can't help you with, you have to figure it out yourself; for some reason, it felt more raw than a normal break up." She took a deep and slid down the car to stretch her legs.

"Then there was so much bad before something finally good happened and it changed my entire life, quite literally a miracle happened. I had you two." She smiles softly at her twins who have a tearful smile back. "The second I held you guys, my body filled with terror and bewilderment, I asked the doctors to shove you back in." Charlotte laughed. "But there was this intense joy and love, god so much love that I thought I was quite literally going to explode and I forgot about everything else."

The twins made space in the middle for their mother to sit and they cuddle into her sides while Hope watch with a sad smile.

"It was hard, I'm not going to lie. I couldn't really sit at home for a few weeks, watching the notebook, eating my weight in ice cream since Silas was still out there and that son of a bitch was not making it easy on me. He kept appearing as Klaus or he would keep leading me to him and whenever I'd ask him why he was doing it; he said I'd thank him later." The three girls raised their eyebrows. "So he emotionally tortured you because he was a crazy sociopath?"  Hope questioned.

"More or less."

"But then Elena had picked Damon and Stefan was heartbroken so when we turned Silas into stone, we decided to go on a road trip, we called it the broken heart club." The teens give the blonde a strange look making her shrug. "Yeah, it wasn't very catchy anyways we took the broken pieces of Silas, threw him in the trunk and drove all the way out here."