𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝙩𝙬𝙤

˟˟˟˟

˟˟˟˟

Charlotte had not gotten a wink of sleep that night, she was either arguing with Alaric or fretting over the text message that Freya had sent, needless to say, she mounted concealer on the next morning.

However, after the entire night was wasted on arguments with the ex-hunter, he had finally agreed to tell the girls about the merge, the problem what; where and how the hell do you tell something like that to your kids?

Hence why after school, the Saltzman-Forbes family had gone to the ice cream parlour in town square before the inevitable happened, the parents led the kids back to the Boarding School before Landon mysteriously walked off for a while.

On the way back, he was making small talk with Hayley and Klaus when they bumped into his friends who didn't even question the phoenix's company.  They all made their way to the twins room where people, even those without supernatural hearing could hearing Josie and Lizzie's muffled voice.

They exchanged looks before Landon was called in by Charlotte, the rest didn't know what was going on and had a silent agreement on staying.

They had no idea what world the twins were about to be revealed to.

˟˟˟˟

"So, one of us is gonna have to kill the other one?" Josie asked with tears falling down on her cheeks.

The truth has finally been revealed, the girls finally knew about the merge, they finally knew why on their birthdays their parents would have a somber expression, why their Aunt Caroline was always travelling the world, why their parents would have arguments that never made sense to them.

The family of five were in the twins room with the parents on Josie's bed and the tearful twins sitting on Lizzie's bed opposite from their parents, Landon in between them with his arms wrapped round their shoulders.

"More like absorb." Alaric gently said, clutching Charlotte's hands. "When Gemini twins turn 22, the merge will determine who will lead the coven."

He hesitated, a lump caught in his throat. "And only one will survive. That's why your aunt's always traveling the globe, trying to find a solution."

Lizzie looked at her parents with betrayal in her eyes. "But if there's no one left from the Gemini coven . . ." Josie cuts in, her mouth trembling. "No, it goes deeper than that. It's a curse, right? A curse on the Gemini twins?"

Charlotte shuddered as she tried to keep the tears in. "We know you must feel so betrayed, that you must hate us, that we should have told you sooner." As hard as she tried, she couldn't help but let out a sob. "How do we tell our babies that mommy and daddy couldn't protect them, tha-that we failed at doing the one thing we were meant to do." She held her breath, leaning her head on Ric's shoulder, wetting his shirt with her tears.