𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒐𝒏𝒆

˟˟˟˟

˟˟˟˟

"Charlotte, I was wondering if we could talk?"

That sentence made Charlotte fill with anxiety. Talk? Why do they need to talk? They have no reason to talk!

"Talk? We are talking." She tries shrugging off, she walks towards the doors when his hand wraps around her upper arm making her stop but she slightly flinches from his touch and moves away.

"Klaus, I have a class to teach." She opens the door as a sign for him to leave.

He stares at her for a few seconds before slowly nodding, he walks but pauses when he's right in front of her, his familiar axes cologne reaching her nose. Klaus looks at her wanting to say something, anything but couldn't speak the words he wanted to.

"You look beautiful." He nods to her and he points to her new haircut. Charlotte's breath hitches as Klaus moves closer but he pauses for a moment before putting his hand down, softly smiling at her and leaving a shocked blonde behind.

"Holy shit." Charlotte squeaked.

˟˟˟˟

As the rest of the day went on without a hitch, Hope was settling in perfectly, in fact she was able to catch up on her work seeing that her uncle Elijah's an amazing teacher.

But every time Charlotte looked at her, something in her would twinge with an unknown emotion, she was sure what it was but she knew it was a negative feeling and she didn't like what she was feeling but she didn't let it affect the way she treated Hope.

Now, a few hours after classes were over, the Saltzman-Forbes family plus a Kirby decided to go out to the Grill for dinner. The three youngest sat opposite their parents/guardian in a nice, roomy booth as they all looked through the menu ~ even though they all knew what they were going to get.

"Decisions, decisions." Ric sighed as he skimmed through the menu. Charlotte scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Ric, we get the same thing whenever we're here."

He bumped his shoulders with hers. "You never know." He said, still looking at the menu which meant he didn't see his daughters mimicking the same words simultaneously while rolling their eyes causing their friend and mother to hold in their laughs.

After ordering, they began a normal human conversation which didn't last long as they started complaining about the supernatural boarding school they attend.

"But mom! You set so much homework already, it's just Monday!" Lizzie groaned looking at the other two teens to back her up.

Charlotte gave her oldest daughter a deadpanned look. "All I asked was for you to research and write notes about the basics of supernatural. You don't even need to research, you can just ask me or your dad!" She exclaimed.