𝒕𝒆𝒏

˟˟˟˟

˟˟˟˟

Caroline had given me the bad news ~ something I was already expecting ~ she had gone to Rome, following a lead for the merge situation and found an old-fashion Romanian coven who basically gave her the big f-you and told her that the merge is something unavoidable as well as some unspoken-able things.

This usually would happen after she visited some covens and time and time again both mine and Ric's heart break a little piece but this felt final. As if everyone would have the same answer, as if there is no other way.

Blinking the tears from my eyes, I look back at the stage where Alaric's singing had lowered as he would look back and forth from the stage to me in worry.

I sadly shake my head and he must've understood what I meant because he turned to the crowd, quickly apologised and speed walked to me and pulled me into a hard hug.

The dam breaks, all the emotions I was trying to bury bursted out and a few tears start to run down my face, dampening Ric's shirt.

"We'll be okay." He chants over and over again.

"We'll be okay."

I knew this wasn't the best place to have a breakdown so I pull back at his glistening face, wiping my eyes and giving him a fake smile.

"We are going to be amazing." I say in return, patting his back and making sure my face isn't red before going back to the crowd.

Finding my two worried daughters along with the equally-worried Mikaelsons were easy, seeing they moved from the front of the crowd to the exit doors.

"Let's get a move on." I mumbled, walking out not even looking behind to see if they follow.

We walk back to my office where we sit right back down to our original places, however this time the twins and Ric was with us.

"Okay, seeing that you're a tribid may mean that you take all of the werewolf, vampires and witches compulsory classes but Dr Saltzman and I wIll figure that out for you, of course you'll have normal classes like English and maths so we'll make your schedule not as overwhelming as it sounds." I smile at Hope drowsily, my eyes burning from the lack of sleep.

The last forty-two hours were getting to me and all I wanted was my bed, a few blood bags and comfy clothes.

That's all I need in life right now.

"The next few things we can either discuss with me or we can continue this meeting tomorrow as Miss Forbes has just returned from a business trip which is why she is currently falling asleep." Alaric said, getting a little louder by the end of the sentence causing me to jerk myself up.

"I am?" I say, sitting up properly in my chair.

"Yeah you are." Lizzie frowned.

"It's alright, Charlotte. We can continue this tomorrow." Nik said, looking deeply into my eyes as if he was searching for something.