Chapter 10

You knew time was running out. This was the moment you've been dreading all year. You were slowly dying inside. This was too much for you to deal with.

WHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

You were going to take the UA entrance exam.

(Your P.O.V)

"Yay"

"I'm sooooo excited"

I have been training everyday but it didn't feel real.

What if I'm not ready?

What if I need more time?

What if I get too nervous?

                                                                 What if I'm not good enough?

I don't want to let my little sister down. I want to make her proud. I want to save people like her. I can't fail again. I only get one shot and I'm not throwing away my shot. Not this time.

I am ready and I'm going to wear my favorite pointe shoes. Once the exam is over I'm going to treat myself to the fancy cup of noodles. Although, I don't have money for expensive clothes. My favorite dance outfit is enough to give me an extra boost of confidence. Now, I feel like a badass. I'm not doing this alone. At least, I'm not doing this alone. All of my life, I always took on the responsibilities alone. I didn't have anyone to rely on. My mom wasn't by my side because she had to work. I accepted our circumstances but I knew I had to grow up. I had to grow up to support my sister. We were living in a city with constant violence and growing homeless rates.

I'm walking to Izuku's house so we could walk to UA together. It's nice to finally not do something alone.

Wait.

I can't be too reliant on others or else they'll think that I'm weak. No, I have to be the one strong. That is how its always been. I can't be vulnerable. People will take advantage of that in my neighborhood.

Come on, (Y/n) put on a strong face like always. No one can know your pain.

Before you even realized it, you were already in front of Izuku's house. This neighborhood was so different from yours. Instead of wailing police sirens in every corner there was silence and a gentle breeze. Instead of the smell of old beer and urine. There was a crisp smell of fresh bread and flowers wafted into my nose.

You knocked on his door only to see an older woman with gentle green eyes. You assumed she was Izuku's mother. She looked surprised but asked if you were (Y/n). You nodded and smiled in response. Her eyes started to twinkle and said "Izuku told me so much about you". This made you blush. You didn't expect Broccoli boi to even mention you at home. This made you feel appreciated.

You heard a familiar boi ask "Hey mom, is that (Y/n)?" Then you turned to see Broccoli boi wearing a mint green track suit at the top of the staircase. You were about to greet him before he slipped and started to fall down the stairs. You heard his mother screaming his name. Your reflexes acted and you used flash step. You managed to catch him before he reached the end of the staircase.

You were holding Broccoli boi princess style. He was a blushing mess, it was adorable. His mom had shocked face and burst out into tears. Wow! He's just like his mom. Then you gently put Izuku down and his eyes were twinkling with gratefulness, or so you thought. You were glad that you were able to save him. Who said girls can't be chivalrous. He started to ask you more questions about your quirk not that you weren't used to it. You started to laugh and told to be more careful. You said "Don't worry Broccoli boi, I got you". Then you asked if he was okay. He kept stuttering that he was alright. Suddenly you realize that you both had to head to UA for the entrance exam. You grabbed his hand and started to run to U.A. You did not want to be late.

(Broccoli Boi's P.O.V)

(Y/n) is holding my hand. They're so soft and gentle. I wish (Y/n) would only show this kind of affection towards me. No one else deserves her kindness. She's so heroic and she's always saving me but I'm suppose to be her hero. I'm supposed to be the one who protects her. I have to get stronger. She deserves someone who can stand by her side. I can't let others hurt her, they don't deserve her. They will only hurt her and then we won't be able to stay by each other's side. I still have to learn more information about (Y/n). I feel like I hardly know her. I have to make a second notebook for her about her past;she never talks about it. I wonder why? I'm going to observe her more carefully.