Chapter 11

I hope you guys enjoy the short comic above it warmed my heart. UwU

Once you both ran to UA, it started to sink in that you actually going to take the entrance exam. It didn't feel real until you saw the gates. You didn't realize you were holding Broccoli boi's hand this whole time but you didn't mind. You were nervous since you would be applying for a scholarship to get a full ride which included free school supplies and free lunch. This scholarship would also cover any transportation. You needed this scholarship that way your mom would work less. She was starting to get sick. She couldn't stop coughing and had trouble getting out of bed. Yet, she still got out of bed to go to work.

Then, you started to walk around UA with Broccoli boi by your side. You were both heading your separate ways because you were trying out for the scholarship. You remembered what you used to do with your little sister to help her with her anxiety attacks. You would hug her and put her head against your chest. She would listen to your heartbeat to calm down while you would rub her head. This would help her relax. You noticed that Izuku was having a similar reaction. His legs were shaking while his face was turning pale. It hurt you to see Izuku so nervous when you knew how amazing he was. So you did the same to him.

You held his head to your chest and did their best to give him comforting words. You told him how you knew that he would pass the exam. You said " Broccoli boi, you just need to do your best, I know you can pass this exam. These evaluators will see your pure heart and why you will be an amazing hero. I'm so proud of you" You just felt Broccoli boi stiffly nod his head as you used your healing quirk to help him relax. Once you released him from the hug you noticed Broccoli boi had a look of determination. You gave him one more smile before you started to walk away.

You were nervous but glad that you were able to comfort the precious Broccoli boi.

(Broccoli Boi's P.O.V)

What just happened? Did (Y/n) just hug me. We usually hug each other but it has never been like this. I was able to hear her heartbeat. It was so peaceful. I wonder if her heartbeat is like that in her sleep. At that moment, I forgot everything else around me. It felt like it was only us. I truly wished that this moment could last for an eternity. I hope she continues showing me this much affecting in the future. Then, maybe someday she'll see me as more than a friend. I can prove myself if I pass this exam.

(Your P.O.V)

I'm finally inside of the building where I'm being examined. I know that I will take the same exams as Izuku except I will be interviewed and a talent display. First, I will be interviewed but I don't know who I will be interviewed by. I was walking down an empty hallway while looking a the for the interview room. I was supposed to go to room 222.

I was in my thoughts when I ran into someone. Before, I could blink I was on the cold tile floor. I opened my eyes to see a man with long black hair. He was wearing all black with white scarf. He looked so done with everything, which is honestly a mood; yet, he looked familiar. I quickly stood up and apologized profusely to the man. He had a confused look on his face. He asked in a monotone voice "Why are you here?" I calmly responded "I'm here for the scholarship interview, at room 222". He nodded and asked if I was lost. I responded with a yes but he offered to walk me to the room. I smiled and thanked him for his kindness. I'm glad I ran into him, now I won't be late. I start to make small talk and we started to walk down the hallway. I asked him for his name and he said "Aizawa Shouta, what about you?" I responded "It's (Y/f/n) (Y/l/n), nice to meet ya" while holding my hand out for a handshake. I made sure to give him a firm handshake, just like my father taught me.

We continued walking until we made it to the room. I opened the door and held the door for him. For a brief moment, I swore I saw him chuckle. This made me chuckle a little bit too. I saw him sit down before I noticed a mouse bear hybrid sitting next to him. Once we both entered the room, the mouse bear hybrid told me to take a seat. It professionally said "Hello, Ms. (Y/l/n), I am Principal Nezu and the man next to me is Mr. Aizawa." Then, I realized I was going to be interviewed by Aizawa and Mr. Nezu. This blew my mind for a minute but then I thought why am I surprised. I live in a world where people have quirks.

I sat down in the wooden chair across from Aizawa and Mr. Nezu. They were a lot less intimidating than I expected. I started to feel more comfortable. After we exchanged handshakes, the interview began. They kept asking me questions about why I wanted to go to UA.

Finally, they asked "Why do you want to be a hero?" There was so much I want to say. I said "I want to be a hero to help people. I live in a community with high rates of criminal activity, to the point where once it is nighttime no one goes outside. I want people to feel safe so they don't have to constantly fear being mugged, shot, or raped. I don't want fame or opulence, as long as I make enough to provide for me and my mother that is enough for me. I just want to make a positive difference, no matter how big or small" They were silent, what if I sounded like a pity party. I felt my cheeks flush red with embarrassment. I bowed and thanked them for their time, before walking out of the room.

(Aizawa's P.O.V)

I'm surprised. I thought we were going to interview some entitled brat but I saw none of that in her. She's not trying to be a hero for the fame. Her intentions seem genuine but she didn't mention anything about her quirks. Most of these brats just brag about their quirk, but she didn't. That's odd. I noticed she was wearing pointe shoes which is strange. I guess, I can assume she will be dancing for the showcase. She truly is peculiar. I've never seen someone like her. I'm curious to learn more about her.