Chapter 21

You finally made it to your humble abode. The mob had just passed your apartment building. You were currently putting away your groceries. The apartment was quiet and empty. The warm aura of the apartment was gone. It was only lighted by the natural sunlight making it appear grey on the inside. You decided to get ready to head over to Izuku's. Yet he hasn't texted you.

(Your P.O.V)

I want to nap. Maybe I have time for a quick one. Now that I think about it. I haven't checked my mail in days. I'll check it before I take a nap. I went outside and down the stairs. I live on the third floor so it wasn't that bad. I went to the first floor which is where all the mailboxes are. I opened mine only to see it full of mail. I quickly got my mail and went upstairs. I made it back inside to see that I got a lot of mail. I went to my room and yeeted myself to the bed. I started to look through the mail. Shit, it's mainly bills. At least, I do have some money saved up for emergencies. I never prepared for this type of emergency. I need to figure things out quickly. Maybe I'll be able to think clearer once I take a nap.

(Time Skip)

I woke up and it was around five. I checked my phone and I noticed I got a text from Izuku. It was from a few minutes ago. I quickly replied.

(Broccoli boi 4:00pm)

Hey (Y/n), you can come over now.

(Broccoli Boi 4:20pm)

Text me when you arrive.

(Broccoli Boi 4:44pm)

Sorry to bother you but are you still coming over?

(Broccoli Boi 4:59pm)

Are you okay? Are you hurt?

All I could think was oh shit.

(You 5:05 pm)

Broccoli Boi, I am so sorry for lagging.

I was taking a nap.

(Broccoli Boi 5:06pm)

It's okay. I was just worried.

Do you still want to come over?

(You 5:07 pm)

Of course, I'll be there soon.

(Broccoli Boi 5:08pm)

Great see you soon.

I want to make it up to him. I remembered his gift. I bought him an All Might figurine a while back. It was actually a bobblehead. I found it at a garage sale. I checked online to find out how rare this was. They only produced 5 of these bobbleheads worldwide. I was going to give it to him after he received the acceptance letter from U.A. I don't know but a part of me knew he was going to get in. I packed it in a little gift box. I quickly got the bouquet of flowers. Only to remember I left my keys on my bed. I quickly run back and search throughout my bed. I checked if it was under the mail and there it was.

I looked to see that there was a letter from UA. I decided to fudge it. I probably didn't get in. I opened it only to see a letter (I know it's a hologram but imagine it's a letter). I read it only to see that you got in. I got in. How? Why? I don't know how to feel. I feel happy but sad and disappointed. I could only feel a flood of emotions. There are no words that can express how I feel right now. Involuntarily I held the letter up. With a smile on my face but tears in my eyes. All my hands could do was rip it in half. I let it fall to the floor. I got the bouquet, keys and the gift box. I need to get away from this.