Chapter 18

(Your P.O.V.)
The bubbly girl said, "Hi, I'm Nejire, this shy boi is Tamaki, and that's Mirio". I felt relief wash over my body. I hugged them as I thanked them for stepping in. Their expressions could explain that I didn't need to explain what was happening. They asked if I was going to be okay. I nodded and they asked if I was here alone. I responded with another nod. Suddenly, they invited me to have dinner with them. They claimed they didn't want me to be alone after the whole incident. I was still a bit hesitant because I didn't want to be a nuisance but they insisted. We ordered our food. After we went to sit down, they talked about themselves. We were sitting in a booth while Mirio and Tamaki were next to each other and I sat next to Nejire. Since she was the one who kept asking me the most questions. It was funny because her curiosity and personality reminded me of my younger sister.

I found out they were going to be in their third year in UA. This is funny because I explained how I just took the entrance exams and was waiting for the results. Mirio then asked if I tried out for other schools. I told him "If I don't get into U.A, I'm considering going to a dance academy in Los Angeles or New York. Many of them offer opportunities for foreign exchange students". They were shocked that I was considered going to a different country at my age. Mirio asked, "Aren't your parents worried?"

I felt my heart stop since the incident just happened yesterday. Then my heart started to beat to the point where it felt like it would burst. My breath was becoming unsteady. I took a sip of cold water to help hold back the tears. I'm not ready to talk about this without breaking down. I responded with a smile "They're fine with it, but it's not like I have anything to lose". Then our food was ready and they brought the food to our table. Afterward, Nejire asked about my quirk. I explained that I only had two quirks. The first one is a healing quirk called guardian. It also allows me to make a shield. My second quirk I call Hollow, it allows me to walk on air, flash step(the user can perform a burst of speed that allows the user to move so fast it appears as if they have teleported). I can also fire a cero which is a powerful blast of concentrated spiritual energy at the target. But I didn't explain the last part of my quirk. I didn't want to scare them off. That part only makes me appear less human.

There was a moment of silence until Mirio burst out and said: "Wow, those are really strong quirks". I laughed and silently thought if only you saw the full extent and the harm I can cause others with my quirk. Then Tamaki asked, "Why not apply to a different hero program". I considered it but I didn't want to explain why I was considering not being a hero anymore. I don't think I'm worthy of becoming a hero. How am I supposed to save others, if I couldn't even save my family? That's just pathetic and naive of me to even dream of this. I responded, "I just want to keep my options open". Nejire asked "you're a dancer (Y/n)chan? That's neat. For how long?" I chuckled as I replied, " I've been training at Ritmo Dance Academy since I was 4 years old". Tamaki responded in a quiet voice "that's a long time." Then her expression changed. But she returned to her usual expression. "Do you have any upcoming performances?" asked Mirio. "Actually, I work there but I do occasionally perform". Then Tamaki asked "Don't you get nervous performing in front of people''. I responded, "I used to but when you can move people with your performances the nervousness is gone".

I asked, "So what are your quirks?" Nejire explained her quirk first. Then Mirio explained his permeation quirk. Finally, Tamaki described his manifest quirk. I was impressed with their quirks. It's always interesting to hear about others' quirks. Then, they started to give me advice if I did get into U.A. They told me if I get Aizawa as a teacher. Mirio explained, "Never wake up Mr. Aizawa a nap". Then Nejire said, "I heard the last time a student woke Aizawa, he was given the worst death glare." Mirio stated, "I heard some of his hair turned white from fear." They burst out laughing. I couldn't help but also start laughing. I can't believe this is also "the" Mr. Aizawa who comforted me when the whole incident occurred.