Chapter 13

Low key Aizawa is such a mood.  Also thanks for continuing to read. 

Now, that you finished this stage of the test. It was time for the talent showcase. You were ready. This has to be your best performance. You had to convince the crowd that you were truly Gisselle.

(Flashback)

I was practicing ballet. Although it is one of the hardest styles of dance, it was rewarding. I love being able to move the audience. I was in rehearsal. I was only an apprentice at the time, I hoped to get the part of Gisselle. I was in line with only a number on my chest. I looked like any other girl on that line. It was a town of black leotards and white tights with pink pos. We were each assigned a group. I was in the waiting room. It was white with shiny wooden floors. We were all doing our own stretches and warm-ups, waiting to be called. I had an odd feeling churning in my stomach. I can feel eyes staring at me like I was prey. I was used to this kind of treatment since I was the youngest auditioning for this part. Yet, this time it felt different.

The staring wasn't getting any better. It burned like daggers on fire being thrown at you. It was terrifying. Then I remember that I can't be weak. I am the one holding together whatever family I have left.

I went to the restroom to splash some cold water on my face. There was a group of older girls from the same audition. They seemed to mind their business until they noticed me. They gave me looks of disgust. One of them said, "Oh, you're that prodigy girl, aren't you" her tone lingered with venom. I responded " Yeah, who's asking". I knew I couldn't trust them. I could sense the envy in their eyes. Although most assume I only have book smarts. In my neighborhood, you need street smarts to survive.

I didn't feel like putting up with this so I decided to walk away. Then, I felt someone tug my wrist and push me against the wall. Although the girls were three years older than me, they towered over me. Suddenly, I felt something burn me, it hurt. I looked to see one of the girls pressing her hand on my shoulder as I heard a sizzling sound. It was excruciating but I won't cry out. I felt that the same girl touched my ankle while burning it. I tried to escape her grasp but another girl was pulling my hair to keep me in place. This lasted for a couple of minutes before they shoved me to the cold floor. I could hardly see anything as my vision was blurry and my hair covered my face. They kicked my stomach and walked away. I heard them laughing as they walked away. I thought it was over. Suddenly, someone touched my hand and I flinched. I staggered as I got up ready to fight but I slid down the wall. I could barely stand on my feet.

Then I saw a girl with light blue eyes and light violet hair. She had a bright voice. She gasped and asked, "Are you okay?"

(Your P.O.V)

I snapped out of this memory when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and it was Boom Boom boi. I was surprised he walked up to me. He looked angry and yelled, "Hey extra, why are you still here?" Then I asked "Why are YOU still here?" while stroking my imaginary beard. Then he realized I was in my costume while wearing my pointe shoes. He yelled, "Why are you wearing that?" I responded, "I'm trying out for the scholarship here. Right now, I'm about to dance for the performance portion of it." He just gave me a smirk before he patted my back and said," You better not mess up". This made me laugh. I just responded "I won't" as I punched his shoulder. Then he tussled my hair and we said our goodbyes. Before I entered the evaluation room, I thought I heard "good luck".

(Boom boom boi's P.O.V)

Fuck! She almost caught me following her. Good thing, I casually walked up to her. Damn, she looks stunning. Her eyes were gleaming like (e/c) diamonds. She looks like she belongs in a music box. She better get accepted or else I'll make sure she is. Yet, why is she walking away from me? She belongs next to me. (Y/n) is the only worthy one to be next to me. We better be in the same class in UA.

(Your P.O.V)

I heard someone call my name saying I was next. I took a deep breath and I walked in with my head held up high. There I saw a panel of judges. I noticed that there were only two judges; Eraserhead and Midnight. I can't believe they are the ones evaluating me. I've rarely danced in front of such a small crowd. I hope they enjoy the dance. I gave them each a handshake and set up for the dance. I waited for the music to play.

(This is your performance)

(Midnight's P.O.V)

She seemed very serious how is she going to dance. This will be interesting. Then, I heard the music play. Her movements were graceful. She had complete control over each motion. This is really impressive. Her facial expressions are earnest. She's surrounded by this aura of innocence. In her turn sequence, she started to turn on the air. With each turn, she went further up the air.

(Your P.O.V)

I bowed once I finished. I was out of breath when I heard clapping. Midnight and Aizawa were both clapping. They even did a standing ovation. Then, Midnight hugged me while Aizawa had a shocked face. She said, " You're just too cute". I thought this was once a tight hug. This is new. I'm glad they liked it. Eventually, it was the next person's turn so I left. I gave them each a hug and thanked them for their time. I waved goodbye while smiling.

(No one's P.O.V)

After you finish your performance, you dress into your regular clothes. Once you head out of the changing room. You saw an elderly lady in the hallway while pushing a cart of boxes. Though your body was aching, you decided to help her. You walked up to her and offered to help her. At first, she declined but then she accepted. You just walked next to her while pushing the cart. She introduced herself and said she was the school nurse Recovery girl. Once you reached the nurse's office she thanked you. She said "Thank you, sweetie" and gave a peppermint candy. You responded, "No problem, have a good evening". You smiled at her gesture and waved her goodbye.

(Your P.O.V)

She was sweet. I totally get grandma vibes from her. I wish I had a grandmother but she passed away before I could meet her. Wait, I can't be thinking about sad stuff. That's weak. Just try to focus on the present. She even called me sweetie. My heart can't handle this. UwU

                               If only she knew the monster my quirk makes me