Chapter 16

You continued walking home as you hear police sirens in the distance. Then you get home but all you see is police tape. You tried to get through as you felt your stomach sink. There were police cars lined up in the center of the street. You saw your neighbors circling around behind the police tape. You could only hear the chatter of your neighbors as they wondered about the cause of the accident. The only source of light was from the lights of the police sirens. The warm summer breeze only added more to the continuous chaos. You saw panicked mothers as they tried to cover their children's eyes. This was a familiar feeling to you until you saw a body covered in a white cotton sheet. You dropped your cake box. Then you saw a strand of hair cascade from the blanket. Then you knew it was your mother. Although you didn't see her face you could tell. You ducked under the police tape and ran towards her. All you heard were the police officers yelling at you to stop but you didn't care. You could feel threatening to spill and breathing was starting to become more difficult.

Once you reached her you slowly lifted the sheet, to see your mother. Her face was pale and her dark circles were like coal. Her eyes were closed, then you noticed some blood in her chest. There was a hole through her red sweater and the blood was still evident.

(Your P.O.V)
Suddenly, I was wrapped around by bandages. This caused me to lose balance and fall. The cold ground scraped my cheek. Why were they stopping me? I have to save. I can't lose her. My heart can't handle this. I tried getting up on my own but I could only feel my body numbing. Then, I remembered my quirks. I said, "I can heal her. I can make things better, I can fix this." I tried using my quirk to escape but they weren't working. I craned my neck to see a mop of black hair. 

Then, I realized it was Eraserhead. He had his iconic yellow goggles but I could still see a sad gleam in his eyes.

I calmed my breathing but the tears couldn't stop. His grip loosened as he pulled me into a hug. I gripped to his black shirt so my knees wouldn't buckle. He started to gently stroke my hair as he helped me calm my breathing. I held on to him for what felt like hours. Eventually, I let go as I walked back to my mom. This time I used my healing quirk. Blue light glowed from my hand, it flowed throughout my mother's body. The wound was completely healed but her eyes were still closed and her skin was still pale. I thought this would work. Her wound is gone but she is still covered in dry blood.

                                                                              Why didn't it work?

                                                                          It should have worked?

                                                                             What did I do wrong?

                                                                                  This is my fault.

                                                                                     I failed again

I couldn't save her

I've lost my family.

Why am I so useless?