Unexpected

Third Person

The wind is warm through the day, and bluejay's sing in delight. Two friends are riding their bike's through the sidewalk. These two boys are named Cole and Jay. Cole has black hair with brown eyes, and is slightly taller than Jay. Jay has auburn hair with blue eyes. You can say they've been friends for a very long time.

"Come on Cole! Hurry up!", Jay shouted. "I am! Just wait for me, Jay!", Cole shouted back. Cole petaled faster, enough to catch up with Jay. They've just gotten out of school. "So I've been eager to tell you something!", Jay exclaimed. "Really? What is it?", Cole asked. As Jay was about to reply, Cole's phone rang. Cole answered it as he began to talk. "Yeah I know mom but...okay just give me a few seconds...fine...", Cole then hung up the phone. "Sorry Jay. I have to go, my mom's worried about me, just leave me a message at "our place." It's easier, see 'ya!", Cole explained as he petaled away in his bike.

"Damn Cole...you sure are busy", Jay muttured as he quickly wrote a letter. Jay petaled as fast as he can and soon reached an abandoned house. Jay got off his bike and walked sneakily behind the house. Jay then left the letter under a hole that was near a shed. Jay then quickly sneaked back to his bike and petaled away.

A few hours later, Cole went to their secret hiding place. Cole looked at the letter, it said: "Cole, so I've been having my eye on a girl in school. She's with us in History, our last class in school. She's really pretty. So do you suggest anything to make her notice me?" Cole then responded to it by writing back: "Just be yourself Jay. It's better that way than being someone your not. I'm sure she's nice. Do you know her name?" Cole hid the letter under the shed, after he took Jay's letter and ran back to his bike.

An hour later, Jay, was sure that Cole had responded by now, so he used his bike to go to their secret hiding place. When Jay found the letter, he then wrote: "Yes. Her name is Nya Smith. She's so cool! Could you help me talk to her?"

Another hour passed by and Cole went back to the abandoned house. But he noticed something. He saw two separate letters. Cole and Jay had agreed that if they needed to write more, go use the back or staple another paper.

Cole got one letter. That one was Jay's. He read the letter but soon layed his eyes upon the other letter. He picked the other letter. It said: "Hello, I am called Zane. I have found a letter under this shed. I am quite confused of what this person is talking about. If anyone finds this letter, or person who has written the previous letter, please tell me what is going on. I will come back at the night, I am sure someone might  come by. Thank you for reading this letter. I am Zane; built to protect those who cannot protect themselves."

Cole looked bewildered. Someone had found their secret hiding place. The place holded a lot of memories. Memories of when they first met...

~flashback~

Young 4-year-old Cole was outside in the cold rain. He had gotten lost. How? Well, he was playing with a ball he had been given, but it accidentally went across the street. Young Cole knew the street was dangerous, but he was determined to return the ball. He had been able to get the ball, but not did not have time to return to the yard when he saw a car going at fast speed towards him. His eyes grew wide. He knew he couldn't return in time, so he went to the other side, which was closer. He wanted to cross back over to his house, but couldn't. He was scared. Instead he tried to find another way to get back, but ended up lost. It has then started to rain, and he couldn't find any shelter. The wind was cold and young Cole shivered when the cold air made contact with his skin.

He then soon found an abandoned house. He took shelter there. The rain couldn't reach him, but the air could. He only had a black sweater, but that wasn't enough to keep him warm. He then footsteps. He had thought it was a kidnapper and he backed away until he saw a small shadowy figure. Soon the figure had been revealed. It was a boy. Like him. Only that he seemed smaller, and he was probably a few months younger than him. "H-Hello?", young Cole asked. "H-H-Hi....", the young boy whispered. The boy was soaked. The only thing that you could see from him was his electric blue eyes. Water poured from his hair to the ground. Young Cole gulped as he tried to start a conversation. "I-I'm Cole." The young boy looked at Cole. His brown eyes were filled with trust. "I'm-I'm J-Jay." The young boy has stuttered a bit, not only from nervousness, but from also the cold that was unbearable. Cole noticed this. Cole motioned Jay to come over and sit next to him.