Trouble

Zane's P.O.V

Pixal stayed over-night, with the permission of Ed and Edna, of course.

Me and Pixal were talking when my phone buzzed(Ed and Edna were able to buy me a phone, and I am quite grateful for that).

I looked at the text I got. It was from Jay. That is odd. Isn't he in his room?

I read the text: 'Zane! Please reply quickly! It's an emergency!'

I texted back: 'What is wrong, Jay?'

I got and instant reply: 'I'm with Cole and Kai-' I stiffened when I read Kai but continued to read. '-I don't really have time to explain so just please listen!!! We're stuck in a cave which is located in a forest and we can't go back to the city for....reasons! And we have an unconscious Lloyd here and we have people chasing us!!! Help!!!'

My eyes widend. My friends (one ex-friend) were in trouble! I quickly stood up and Pixal seem to notice that something was wrong.

"What's wrong, Zane?" Pixal asked. "My friends are in trouble! I can't really explain right now. We have to find them!" I said. "Where are they?" Pixal said. "Jay said that they were in a cave that is located in a forest," I reply. "And he said they're being chased by unknown people."

Pixal nodded. "Let's go," she said and we quickly left my room. As we walked outside, we were met with Ed and Edna.

"Oh, Zane! There you are!" Edna said. "Have you seen Jay? He hasn't come home," Ed said.

I didn't want to worry them, but I didn't want to lie either, so I said the first thing that came into mind.

"Jay stayed over in one of his friends house," I said. "And he might be back once school's over." I really forgot that today is a Thursday.

"Oh, okay. Well then, where are you two going?" Edna asked me and Pixal.

"Umm...we're going to...hang out somewhere," I reply.

"Ooh! Is it a date?" Edna said. I felt myself blush, and I could tell Pixal was too.

"N-No! Nothing like that, Edna," I said, stuttering. "Oh, well, have fun you two!" Edna said as me and Pixal left.

Once outside the van, we ran all the way to Ninjago City, but not before putting on our disguises.

Jay's P.O.V

Good news: I texted Zane and he reply fast.

Bad news: Cole, Kai, Lloyd, and I are still in the cave with the strange people chasing us.

Good news: We found an exit.

Bad news: Two of those people are nearby.

Good news: We thought of a distraction.

Bad news: Someone has to distract them for the others can escape and the person distracting them can't escape without them following them out the cave and the person leading them to us.

Good news: Zane is on his way.

Bad news: He's taking too long!!!

"What do we do?!" I whisper-yell at Cole and Kai.

"Alright, um...someone has to carry Lloyd since he's still unconscious, and we have to make a plan when one of us is distracting those two for the others can escape and-" Cole was cut off by Kai.

"Here," Kai gave Cole the unconscious Lloyd. "Wait, why-" Cole started, holding Lloyd.

"You guys, get ready to make a run for it," Kai said. "What? Kai-" I started. "And tell Zane I'm sorry for calling him a dumb robot and calling him that he's nothing but a stupid pile of wire and gears if I don't make it," Kai added. When me and Cole realized what was going to happen, it was too late.