Problems

Third Person

Everyone was silent. No one said a word. No one...

"Don't you think that's a uh...hard dare for him, Jay?" Morro asked.

"I'm sure if he's able to at least just say one word, he'll be fine," Jay said.

Lloyd opened his mouth, but said nothing.

"Okay, can you say "hello"?" Jay asked.

Lloyd opened his mouth to try and say the word, but no success.

"This might be a problem," Kai said.

~~~~~~~~~~

It's been hours since the dare, and everyone has been trying to teach Lloyd how to say "hello".

"How long have we been trying to teach Lloyd to say "hello"?" Cole asked.

"Hours," Zane replied.

"Be more specific, Zane," Cole said.

"4 hours, 24 minutes, and 17 seconds," Zane said.

"Ugh...and I thought it's only been 34 minutes!" Kai said.

"We..." Morro yawned. "...should get some sleep..."

"Agreed..." Jay yawned.

"That sounds nice," Cole said, getting one of the blankets Morro gave them, and covered himself with it, and feel asleep almost instantly.

A few minutes later, everyone was asleep. Everyone but Lloyd. He stood awake.

'Can...Can I really not...speak?' he thought.

He stood up and went to the bathroom and stared at himself in the mirror.

'Okay, say "hello",' he thought.

He opened his mouth and tried to pronounce the word, but nothing. He frowned and tried again. And again and again and again and again...

His hands clenched on the sink. Tears threatened to grow. He couldn't say any word. Nothing at all...

'I'm useless! What good am I if I can't do anything? I can't talk, I can't do anything right, I try to protect my friends and fail, I'm a disgrace to my brother, I-' Lloyd was snapped out of his thought by the knock of the bathroom's door.

"Hey, bro, are you there?" the voice--he recognised as Morro--said.

Lloyd tried to say, "yes", but couldn't.

"...I'm a idiot. Forgot you don't talk for a moment there," Morro said from behind the bathroom's door.

Lloyd's expression grew somber.

"Hey, if you want, you can sleep in your room. You don't have to sleep with me and the others," Morro said before Lloyd heard him leave.

Lloyd waited a few minutes before he heard familiar snores, that's when he got out from the bathroom and went inside his room.

He threw himself into his bed.

'Tomorrow,' he thought. 'Tomorrow will be a new day.'

~~~~~~~~~~

"Give me that!"

Lloyd woke up to arguing.

"It's mine!"

'Definitely Jay and Kai,' Lloyd thought and got up from his bed and went to the room to see Jay wrapped around a blanket and Kai chasing him.

"You psychopath!" Kai yelled.

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research," Jay said and turned around to see Lloyd.

"Good morning!" Jay exclaimed to Lloyd, and started to walk towards him, but stopped and turned around to see Kai stepping on his blanket.

"Get off my blanket!" Jay yelled to Kai.

Nya was near the couch and facepalmed.

"They've been like this for the first few minutes," Nya said.

"It's getting quite annoying," Zane added.

"Okay guys, stop fightining, I'm sure you guys have to head back home, and if not, you still have to leave," Morro said.

"Awww...fine," Jay said and took off the blanket.

A few minutes later they all had left the house and gone separate ways.

Cole's P.O.V

I was walking home. Hopefully, mom and dad have stopped fighting.

I see the all familiar house and take out my keys. I go to the front door and unlock the door.

I enter and the first thing I want is cake.

'There's some in the fridge,' I thought.

I enter the kitchen and see the most horrifying thing.

"No...no no NO!!!" I yell.

I quickly take out my phone.

"Hello, 911, what's your emergency?" the voice from the other end of my phone said.

"Help! My- My mother got murdered!" I yelled, seeing the dead body of my mother on the kitchen floor.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Plot twist...