Old memories

Jay's P.O.V

After that little talk with Pixal and she left, I was all alone again. Yay... I went the rest of the day alone.

~timeskip~

The bell finally rang and I could finally go home! I grabbed my stuff and ran out the classroom. A lot of students were ready outside. As I ran, I bumped into someone. I looked who it was. It was Cole...

I glared at him and he glared back. "Sorry for bumping into you," I said, sarcastically. "Oh, apology accepted," he said with sarcasm. He purposely bumped into my shoulder and left. I went to grab my bike.

I got my bike and hopped on and started my way to home. I then thought about Cole. What was his problem? He's nothing but a jerk, a rude person, a mean asshole! He-! He...He...He was my best friend... The one who brought me happiness...

~flashback #1~

I was about 5 years old when our parents met. We were on Cole's room, drawing. I was a shy kid, and maybe I still am. But, anyways, when I was younger, I didn't really like anyone looking at my drawings. At age 5, I was drawing something I adored: ninjas.

I was really good at drawing ninjas. They were also awesome! I sometimes thought how life would be if I was a ninja. Anyways, I was drawing a ninja, and was putting detail into it. I was so caught up on drawing, I didn't see Cole behind me, looking at my drawing.

"Hey! What 'ya drawing?" Cole asked me. I shrieked a little, and hid my drawing.

"N-Nothing!" I quickly said, clutching onto my paper. He pouted a little.

"Please, Jay?" he asked. I bit my lip and then sighed.

I showed him my paper of the ninja. "Cool! Is that a ninja?" he asked. "Yep!" I said. "It's gonna be a blue ninja!" "It looks awesome!" he exclaimed. "Thank you," I said.

"I'm gonna be the...black ninja!" Cole said happily. I smiled to him and then said, "I'm gonna be the blue ninja!"

"Let's dress up as ninjas!" he said and I nodded right away. "First, we need the outfit!" Cole said and walked out his room. I followed him, out of curiosity. He looked around before entering a different room.

I entered the room he entered. I then saw him go through a closet that had clothes that seemed like it was too big for us. "Here's something!" Cole exclaimed and took out a big blue shirt along with a big black shirt. "Ooh!" I said.

"Alright, Jay, you put on the blue shirt, I put on the black shirt! Got it?" he said. I nodded and grabbed the blue shirt and put over my head. The sleeves were to big and long. And the shirt fitted me like a dress. When I turned around to see Cole, I giggled. Cole's shirt also fitted him like a dress, but, his hair was messed up, and since it was long, his hair was in different directions.

He also giggled when he saw me. We both giggled and we tried to walk out the room, but we tripped over the big shirts and we ended up falling on each other. We both giggled again and we got up and left the room, without tripping, and went back to Cole's room.

~end of flashback #1~

I felt something wet on my cheek. Was I crying? I quickly wiped the tear away, but that just made me remember another memory...

~flashback #2~

I was probably in middle school, in the 6th grade, when I was getting bullied...

I was more shy that I was before when I was a kid, and that made me an easy target for bullies. It was during lunch, and I was talking to Cole. I then excused myself, saying that I needed to go to the restroom. I got up and headed for the restroom. After doing my business, I washed my hands and went to go back to Cole.

As I was walking, I was grabbed from behind. I tried to scream, but my mouth was covered up. I was dragged somewhere, I don't really know where, but I hated that place. I was thrown onto the ground with such force. I got a lot of scratches from that.

I looked to see who it was, just to see that it's the school worst bully; Victor. I gulped out of fear. He had this smirk that everyone knew meant trouble. I tried to back away, but my back soon hit a wall. I was scared what was gonna happen to me.

"Try to scream for help, and I'll make this even worse," he growled. I fearfully nodded.

He punched me, kicked me, a lot of times. It. Hurt. As. Hell. Eventually, my vision got blurry, so I couldn't see anything. My head hurted a lot, and I could barely hear anything. But, I did hear a yell or something before passing out.

I woke up in the nurse's office. I was really confused and looked around. I wondered: Why am I here?

"Jay!!!"

I went to look who shouted my name, but I was squished into a hug. "Cole?" I managed to say.

"I'm so glad you're okay!" he said. "Why wouldn't I be?" I asked after separating from the hug. "You got beaten up, and you...kinda passed out," he sadly said. My eyes widened as I remembered everything. "I-I'm sorry..." I said. Cole looked at me. "For what?" "For bringing you into this mess," I said.

"It's okay, Jay," he said. "Victor got expelled." I looked at him. "He did?" Cole smiled a little. "Yep! Now, tell me when you feel better for we could head to class."

~end of flashback #2~

I think I cried a little bit more. I wiped the tears, and looked back at the road, where I was. I hadn't crash, that's good. But I just keep on getting these flashbacks...

~flashback #3~

When I started pre-school, I met Cole again after the little incident with the rain and all that. When he told me I could keep the sweater, I took that as a sign of our friendship.

When we always hanged out, I always had that sweater, that is until I could no longer wear it since it was too small for me, but I kept in a box which holds everything we traded each other that meant our friendship.

~end of flashback #3~

I remember that sweater. It was a sign of friendship. It meant that we were the best of friends...

~flashback #4~

We went to camp, and we were doing arts and crafts. We were making things for each other. I was doing a bracelet for him, with the colors brown and black. I even got the beads with letters and spelled out: Cole, on the bracelet.

When me and Cole finished with doing the things for each other, he had also made me a bracelet. The colors of dark blue and light blue, and my name was spelled out.

We each both weared our bracelets, another sign of our friendship. We promised each other we would forever wear it...

I broke that promise...

After the fight, I took it off...

~end of flashback #4~

I was full on crying by now. I tried to choke back the sobs but couldn't. Tears fell down my face, my vision was blurred. I wiped the tears I had, but the tears never stopped forming.

I made a terrible mistake...

One I forever regret...

I wiped the tears again, only to hear the honk of a truck. I gasped and scream, not able to stop my bike enough...a truck was heading towards me. I cover myself with my arms, waiting for the impact to come...