Parent Trouble

Cole's P.O.V

After staying after school, I went straight home.

As I walked inside my house, I heard screaming and yelling.

I sighed as I walked upstairs to my room.

What was the problem? Well, my parents have been fighting a lot lately, and I don't know why. They've been fighting for 6 months.

I walked to my room and closed my door. I took out my phone and headphones and started to listen to music. I did my homework for a while before I finally finished.

I walk back downstairs and hear the shouting again. I wanted to get out of the house, so, that's what I did.

I looked outside and the weather was perfect. It wasn't too cold and it wasn't too hot. I sighed in relaxation before walking down a road. It was sunset and the view was absolutely beautiful!

I put on my headphones as I listened to music. I jogged a little until I bumped into someone.

It was Kai.

"Oh, hey Kai!" I exclaimed as I put down my headphones.

"Hey, Cole!" Kai said back as I started to walk with him.

"So, what are you doing outside?" I asked him.

"Isn't obvious? I'm walking with you," Kai said as I playfully rolled my eyes.

"I mean, before you started to walk with me," I said.

"Oh, that? I was just taking a stroll around, most girls are outside at this time," Kai said as he winked at me at the last part. I rolled my eyes.

"You've been trying to get a girlfriend for months! I'll be surprised if you get one now," I remarked.

"Hey!"

"It's the truth!" I laughed.

"So, why are you outside?" Kai asked.

I stopped laughing as my expression turned somber.

"I-uh...well..." I sighed. "My parents have been fighting for quite some time now, they even glare at each other every moment and then! I needed to get out of the house."

"Your parents are fighting, you should be at least happy that you still have them," Kai said, his expression also turning somber.

"You...You don't have your parents?" I asked.

He shook his head. "No. They went missing when Nya was 3. I took care of her my whole life."

"So, that's why you're always over-protective over her?" I asked.

He slightly nodded. "I've lost my parents, I don't wanna lose Nya too..."

I swear I saw a tear slip from Kai's eye!

"Dude, are you...are you crying?" I asked.

He wiped away the tear and looked at me with a fake smile.

"No..." he said but that so-called smile of his soon turned upside down as he soon let his emotions take over him and he started to cry.

He hugged me as his tears went down his cheeks.

"I don't wanna lose Nya, Cole. I really don't," he sobbed as I gently patted his back.

"And you won't," I reassured him.

His tears stained my sweater, but I didn't care at the moment.

He let go of me as he wiped the tears, and tried to put on a smile.

I smiled as a look ahead of us, to see a bundle of blue and white running towards us.

"Hey...is that-?" Kai said but was cut off when the 'bundle of blue and white' was now clear.

"Jay? Zane?" I said.

"Guys!" Jay yelled, he kinda sounded frantic.

"Is something wrong?" Kai asked.

"Yes!-Wait, Kai! Have you been crying?" Jay asked. He must of probably taken notice of Kai's red, puffy eyes.

"Nooooo..." Kai denied as he rubbed his eyes.

"Oookayyyy..." Jay said.

"So Jay, Zane, why are you guys here?" I asked.

Jay was twiddling with his fingers.

"Jay, tell them," Zane urged him to say something, but I don't know what it was.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Kai asked, concerned.

"Well-uh..." Jay gulped nervously. "M-My parents told me that I-I'm..."

Jay's eyes were filled with tears.

"What is it, Jay?" I asked, worry filling me.

"They told me that I'm adopted!" Jay said as some tears escaped from his eyes.

"WHAT?!" Me and Kai yelled at the same time.

"I didn't want to believe it! I've lived with them my whole life, and now they tell me, I'm adopted!" Jay cried, a few more tears escaping from his eyes. Zane comforted him, by placing a hand on his shoulder.

"But-! How-?! Why-!?" I couldn't find the words to express myself.

"Why did they just tell you now?" Kai asked.

"It's basically my fault," Zane said, guilty.

"How so?" I asked.

"I was looking around through some things, and I found this envelope with a key. I showed it to Jay, and he decided to tell his parents about it, and their expression turned somber. They then told him that he was adopted..." Zane said, biting his lip due to the guilt.

"It's not your fault, Zane," Jay sighed.

"But it is!" Zane said. "You would've still be happy! It was my fault! It's all my fault!! I'm just a screw up!" Zane said, and he had some tears in his eyes, is that possible for a robot?

"You're not a screw up, Zane," Jay said, assuring our friend, attempting to place a hand on Zane's shoulder, but Zane merely moved away from him.

"Zane..." Jay said softly.

"I-I'm just a whole pile of metal and gears!" Zane yelled as his disguise started to glitch. ((Kai still doesn't know Zane is a robot.))

"Zane, what's happening to you?!" Kai yelled out, in both worry and fear.

"I'm not human!!" Zane screamed out, tears falling from his eyes as his disguise glitched more into his true form, shocking Kai.

"I-I'm just a lousy robot!!"

That did it. His disguise stopped glitching as he was now in his true form. Zane's head was down.

"Zane..." Kai said, shocked at what just happened.

Zane looked up at Kai. Their eyes met.

"I'm just a freak..." Zane whispered tears falling down, as night took over.