Chapter 7 - Date

Zayd's POV:

I feel a little nervous ringing the doorbell, I know I shouldn't be Mrs. Raven is lovely and she's been very kind to me, even before she knew I'm the son of her old friend Frankie.

The door opens and I come face to face with a man I'm assuming is Charlie's father. He is covered in tattoos just like Charlie had described and his eyes are exactly the same as hers.

"Can I help you?" He asks

"Uh, hi." I mumble "I mean, Hi Sir." I attempt to pull myself together. "I'm Zayd, I'm here to pick up Charlie."

"Oh?" He looks at me with a confused look on his face. "Well come in, I guess she won't be long." He holds the door open for me.

I make my way into their beautiful home and look around without making it too obvious, everything is so clean, and in place and well, perfect.

"Would you like a drink?" He offers.

"No thank-you sir." I give him a soft smile.

"Please, call me Chet." He holds out his hand

"Nice to meet you Chet." I shake his hand.

"Likewise." He nods "So my wife tells you're Frankie's son?"

"Yep, that's me." I sigh softly.

"Personally, I never liked him much, I always had a feeling he had a thing for Amity." He laughs.

"Probably did." I shrug.

"Like father like son huh?" He raises a brow at me with a grin on his face.

"I hope you're being nice dad." Charlie calls from the top of the stairs.

Both of our eyes took towards her as she makes her way down the stairs. She looks stunning and I suddenly feel very under dressed.

"Wow." I breathe out softly

"Yep." Chet smiles from next to me.

"Well?" Charlie grins as she crosses her arms over her chest. "You didn't answer my question."

"Of course I've been nice." Chet shrugs "I'm a nice guy." he grins at her.

"Yeah right." She gives him a cheeky grin back.

"Are you ready to go?" She turns her attention to me with a smile.

"Yeah, ready when you are." I turn to Chet. "What time do I have to have her home?"

"As long as she lets us know what's happening, we're fine." Chet shrugs "Thanks for asking though."

"What's all the noise in here?" Amity calls as she makes her way into the main hall. "Aw look at you two." She smiles between Charlie and I. "You both look nice." She turns to Charlie once more. "I haven't seen you dressed up like in a long time."

"Thanks Mom." Charlie smiles and brushes off the last comment. "I'll text you later and let you know what I'm doing." She hugs both her parents goodbye then turns to me. "Let's go."

"Sorry about them." Charlie says as we close the front door behind us.

"Nothing to be sorry about, they're great Charlie, you're lucky to have them." I smile "And you look beautiful by the way." I kiss her cheek and take her hand in mine. "Ready?"

"Ready." She smiles up at me, even with her heels on I'm still taller than her.

We reach my car hand in and hand and I open her car door for her. For someone so beautiful she sure is very shy tonight. I walk around to my side of the car and jump in pulling my seat belt on. "Are you okay?" I ask looking over at her.