Chapter 67 - Evie

Zay's POV:

It's been three months since we laid Evana to rest and the family is slowly moving through it. Dean has been in ill health since her death, and he seems to be going downhill so we've been making lots of trips to see him at every chance we get.

Amity has been with him most of the time, leaving Austin and I at the garage, we don't mind but it's really starting to take a toll on her, she looks drained, and tired and she's very, very thin. Chet has been telling her to look after herself but she is her mother's daughter, she's more worried about everyone around her.

Our little girl who we've chosen to call Evie is due any day now, in fact, she's three days overdue and I can't wait to meet her. I've been keeping a close eye on Charlie to make sure she's coping as well as possible.

I wake up and roll overlooking at the time, 3 am. I reach out for Charlie but she isn't next to me, I sit up quickly and rub my eyes trying to wake myself fully. There is a glow of light coming from under the bedroom door.

Stepping out of bed I walk to the door and open it, heading towards the kitchen where the light is coming from. I enter to find Charlie moaning in pain softly as she rubs her stomach.

"What's the matter?" I ask in a worried tone as I take a step closer to her

"I just don't feel good." She closes her eyes as she holds onto the kitchen bench for a moment

"Why didn't you wake me?"

"I didn't want to w-" she winches in pain again "worry you." She finishes

"Alright, let's let you the hospital, somethings not right here, I'll grab the hospital bag and I'll be right back."

I run upstairs and grab the pre-packed bag.

"Zay." Charlie yells

I run back downstairs as quickly as I can, and see a small amount of water at her feet. "Did you pee?"

"No idiot, our baby is coming." She laughs softly as she rubs her stomach.

I help Charlie change into something else, throw on a shirt and head out the door to the car. It's currently 3 am, there is no way in hell I'm getting out of my sweats.

We arrive at the hospital a short time later and we head to the private maternity suites, the same ones Easton was born in.

Charlie is put into a room right away and examined. The baby was in deed coming.

"Do you want me to call your mom?"

"I think she'd want to be here." She nods from the bed; her contractions are few and far between at this point.

I dial Amity's number and wait for an answer

"Hello?"

"Hey Am, the baby is coming."

"Really?" She asks surprised

"Yes, really. Would you like to come up to the hospital? Charlie and I could both use you." I admit

"Of course honey, I'll be right there."

It's been three hours since she went into labor, and she's handling it so much better than I would ever be able to. Her contractions have now gone for twenty minutes apart to five and now almost every minute.

I hold her hand and stroke her hair, as she sucks down the gas every time a contraction comes on, tears streaming down her face, but not once has she complained

"You're doing so good baby," I tell her as I stroke her hair.

The nurse enters the room again more and examines her once more "looks like we're ready to go, are you ready to bring your baby girl into the world?"