Chapter 44 - One day

Charlie's POV:

I'll marry her one day.

One day. A wave of quilt washes over me, I smile softly and then leave his side making my way over to Shay and Lane and give them both a hug congratulating them. I'm so happy for them, they're made for each other and I know they're going to make amazing parents. In just three short weeks they're moving into their house right next door to Mom and dad.

After I'm done congratulating them, I make my way over to my cousins and their partners and stand talking with all of them. I'm talking to whoever I can to avoid Zay at all costs, I'm so not ready to tell him, I don't want to hurt him.

The afternoon goes on and it soon turns to night. I'm sitting with Sasha, Mom and Shay when Zay makes his way over, he takes a seat next to me and wraps his arm around my shoulder pulling my ear to his lips. "Can we talk please?"

I sigh softly and stand up. Walking together we make our way over to the deck and sit down side by side.

"I shouldn't have said that, I'm sorry." He says sadly.

"Said what?" I ask confused.

"That I'd marry you someday, it's clearly freaked you out, you've been ignoring me ever since I said it. "

"No Zay, it's not that." I sigh and look down. "I want to marry you, and have a family and everything else that comes with it."

"Then what's the issues?" he questions confusedly.

"Zay, I got into a college and I'm going to study Psychology." I look up at him once more.

"Well that's great Princess." He smiles happily, "I'm so proud of you!"

"In New York." I mumble softly

"What?" he questions instantly

"I got into college but it's in New York, I'll be moving at the end of the year."

"How long have you known?" He questions sadly.

"Just over a week." I admit

"Does anyone else know?"

"No, I haven't been able to tell anyone, I didn't want to hurt anyone, especially you."

He takes a deep breath and shakes his head. "I don't want you to go, but I love you and I'm so proud of you and I'll let you go."

"Oh, you'll let me go?" I giggle softly.

"Not like that." he gulps. "I mean I'll let you go, let you go."

"Y-You're breaking up with me?" I ask shocked

"You're going off to college Princess, you'll be on the other side of the country and you're going to have the time of your life, I don't want to hold you back."

"H-Hold me back?" I ask confused

"The college experience babe, I want you to have fun, be free, do as you like. Everyone knows most relationships don't last long distance, let alone long distance and one of us, being you in college."

"But Zay." I whisper tears filling my eyes. "I love you; we can make it work."

"I love you too baby, but I'm not going to hold you back." He attempts to stand up.

"Zay." I pull his hand and force him to sit back down, once we're close enough, I press my lips to his and kiss him, holding his face to mine. He doesn't hold me; he just keeps his hands in front of him. "We're not breaking up."