Chapter 56 - Friends

Saturday came around sooner than I expected. Classes had been much the same during my days and during my nights I was on the phone video chatting with Zay. Phone sex was becoming a new thing for us, only when Angie wasn't in the room of course, but even on the one occasion she caught me, it was worth it.

I try to ring Zay for a third time, but he doesn't answer, maybe he's still asleep

I slide out of bed and make my way into the bathroom Angie and I share. She went out to a party last night so her make-up and hair clips are all over the bathroom, but I'm sure she'll clean it once she arrives home, where the hell did she even stay last night?

I turn the water on and get the temperature just right, then I strip off my silky red nightgown and leave it onto the floor and step into the letting the warm water wash over my body.

Today is Zay and I's one-year anniversary, I would do anything to be with him today. Maybe I should have booked a flight and went home for the weekend, then again, it's a lot of money and flying time for two nights.

After washing my body, I step out of the shower and dry off. I dry and straighten my long dark hair, and apply a small amount of make-up, then head back into my room to find something to wear.

Settling on a simple T-shirt and some shorts, I pull on some low-profile trainers and head out to the coffee shop to meet Jimmy.

I arrive at the coffee shop at five to ten and Jimmy hasn't arrived yet. I order myself a tea and take a seat in one of the booths while I wait. I'm starting to feel a little uneasy about this, why did he want to hang out with me in the first place? I made it clear I'm taken.

"Hey, I made it just in time" He grins as sits across from me.

"Hey." I give him a soft smile.

The waitress soon makes her way over and takes his order, a black coffee one sugar, Zay's favourite, I'm almost sure the universe is playing games with me.

"So," Jimmy asks with a smile

"So?" I question back.

"How are you finding the place so far?"

"It's not too bad." I shrug

"I was hoping you'd be at the party last night, but I didn't see you."

"I don't really do parties, I mean I do, but not here."

"Why not?"

"I don't know." I shrug "They're just not for me, I don't need to meet people, I'm only here to get my studies done and then go home to my family."

"You know there is no harm in making friends along the way?"

"I have friends, I have Angie and now you."

"Oh, we're friends?"

Those words leave his mouth and it takes me right back to the day I met Zay. Oh we're friends? I question him. I guess if in return you tell me your name, yes that makes us friends.

I check my phone once more. Nothing.

The talk between Jimmy and I is pretty minimal and very much just small talk. I take another long sip of drink and look out the window.

"Are you okay?" He questions

"Oh, yeah." I nod and put my cup down. "Sorry I'm just a little out of it today."

"Do you want to talk about what's on your pretty mind?" he smiles.

"It's my anniversary today and I'm missing home."