Chapter 49 - A Mrs

Zay's POV:

I roll over and wrap my arm around Charlie who is still snoring softly next to me, wearing nothing but her engagement ring. We spent the night at my place, not that we did much sleeping. Last night I saw a side of Charlie I've never seen before, a side that drives me crazier than ever before, thank-god I put a ring on that.

Taking her ringed hand to my mouth I kiss it softly and snuggle into her side. Becoming unsettled at my touch she opens her eyes and looks up at me, a smile spreading across her face. "Hi baby." she places her hand on my cheek stroking it softly.

"Hi yourself." I grin down at her. "How are you feeling this morning?"

"Mmm, I little sore, but it was worth it." She gives me a cheekily grin.

"Charlie Raven." I shake my head with a smirk. "When did you turn into such a naughty girl?"

"You tell me Zayd Cameron." She grins and presses her lips to mine.

After another round of amazing sex and a shower we jump in the car and make our way back to Charlie's home to tell her parents the news.

"How do you think they're going to take the news?"

"I think they'll be happy for us; well Mom will be anyway."

"You don't think your dad will approve?" I ask with a raised brow.

"He might be a little upset you didn't ask him that's all."

Laughing softly, I shake my head and smirk as I look back at the road in front of us.

"What's so funny?" she asks tilting her head to the side with a puzzled look on her face.

"Nothing." I shrug.

The rest of the drive is silent, I can hear Charlies brain ticking over as she tries to figure out why I'm so amused but I'll fill her in later.

We arrive at her home and I park the car in its usual spot out the front. After opening her car door for her, we make our way into the house hand in hand.

"Mom, dad." She yells with a smile on her face.

"Living room." They both yell back in unison.

We enter the living room where we find Chet and Amity setting up the Christmas tree and the rest of the room already transformed into something out of a magazine. I haven't had a happy Christmas in a long time, so I'm glad this year is going to be different and I'll be surrounded by a loving family. What's ever better is Dad and Sara will be here as well. It'll be the first I've spent with dad in over two years.

"Hi honey." Amity smiles up at us as she sits on the ground messing around with the baubles for the tree.

"We have something to tell you both."

"You do?" Amity asks as she stands up slowly. "Wait." she smiles "Am I going to be a grandma again?"

Chet scoffs from behind her. "Don't encourage them."

"No, we're not having a baby." Charlie shakes her head. "But uh." she moves her hand to her hair her engagement ring now on full display.

"Holy fucking shit!" Amity yells and jumps up and down, then throws her arms around us both. "My babies are getting married." She cries.

I look over at Chet as I hug Amity and he nods his head with a smile on his face. We pull back from the hug and Amity wipes her tears, holding Charlies hand up as she examines the ring on her finger. "Can you take Chet shopping with you next time, this is stunning." She grins up at me.