Chapter 54 - Goodbye

Our last day together was amazing, and it's only going to make me miss Zay more.

Today we spend the day exploring the rest of the city together and he even took me on horse and carriage ride around Central Park. It's currently 4 PM once more and it's time for me to head back to campus.

"I think I've changed my mind." I tell Zay as we wait for Rodger

"Princess." he laughs. "As much as I want to take you home with me, this is just nerves, you'll be okay."

"Okay." I nod and look down at my feet feeling the tears welling in my eyes.

"Hey." He places his hand under my chin and raises it so we're eye level. "If you get there and you hate it, I'll promise I'll come right back and get you."

I nod slowly and Rodger pulls up on the sidewalk.

I say my goodbyes to Mom and Dad and Zay and I jump in the car and head towards the campus.

We arrive and meet the same lady in the office, she gives me the key this time and dragging my bags behind me, we make our way down the end of the hall. I unlock the door and find the room empty however my roommate has set all of her things up and has her side of the room looking very homely, she has lots of pictures around the place, she's beautiful with long blonde hair and dark eyes, she looks nice.

Zay helps me unpack everything and we get my side of the room looking nice as well.

"One more thing." He pulls the picture of us from the bag and places it on the bedside table like I told him I would. "Perfect."

"I'll miss you so much." I feel the tears burning my eyes once more as they try to escape.

"I'll miss you." He pulls me into his arms. "Please don't be upset princess." He kisses the top of my head a few times. "I'll come and visit, and you'll come and visit and we can call or video call every day."

"It's not the same."

"No, it's not." He agrees. "but this is what we're doing for the next couple of years, it'll all be over before you know it."

I take a deep breath and nod my head once more. "You should get going, I don't want you to miss your flight."

He checks the gold watch on his wrist and nods. "Your right, I have to go."

I pull him close and give him a hug, not wanting to let go, he manages to move back and presses his lips to mine. "I love you."

"I love you." I tell him still acting strong.

I run my arms down the long-sleeved shirt he is wearing open over his white singlet (Tank) "Can I keep this?"

"Of course." He takes it off and hands it to me.

"Thanks." I give him a soft smile.

"I love you." He tells me once more and presses his lips to mine.

"I love you."

"Goobye Princess."

"Bye."

I stand there watching as he walks out the door and I feel my heart break into a million pieces. I don't want this anymore; I don't care about this stupid elite campus, I want to go home with Zay.

Pulling his shirt close to me I hold it to my face, it smells like him. Sitting down on my bed I finally let my emotions out and begin to cry, no, not cry, sob.

Zay's POV:

Leaving her was by far the hardest thing I've ever had to do, and I had to get out of there before I cried in front of her. The truth is video calling and talking on the phone just isn't going to be the same and we both know it. I have no idea when I'll be seeing her in person again. and I know that I'm going to miss her so much.