Chapter 48 - Almost a Cameron

Dressed in a tight black, off the shoulders dress that comes to the knee and some matching black heels I make my way into the living room. Zay has been here for at least ten minutes but I wanted to make sure I looked perfect for our date, after all this could be our last in a very long time.

Holding onto the railing I take each step carefully and follow the voice into the living room.

"Holy shit." Zay swallows his drink and stands up with a grin. "You look beyond beautiful."

"Thanks, I take after Mom." I shoot her a wink and she giggles. Dad looking between us with a confused on his face not in on our inside joke.

"Shall we go?" He smiles as he interlocks our fingers.

"We shall." I smile and give his hand a small squeeze.

We arrived at the restaurant after a fifteen minute drive and just like on our very first date Zay has been such a gentleman opening and closing the car door for me, opening the restaurant door for me, placing his hand on the small of my back as we walk, he is acting extra cute tonight and I can only put it down to me leaving soon.

"This place is stunning." I smile as I look around the room.

The ceilings are high, there are large chandeliers around the room, a grand piano in the corner of the dance floor and only the wealthiest looking people. "Can we afford this this?" I whisper and giggle softy.

"No, I was thinking we'd made a run for it after we were done eating." he winks.

It takes me right back to the day I met him.

"No way!" I exclaim excitedly as I run my hand across the bonnet. "This is yours?" I question.

"No, we're stealing it." He shrugs with a serious look on his face.

I stare at him in shock for a moment, but soon realizes he's joking when he begins laughing. "Charlie, Charlie, Charlie." he tsks "You think just because I'm from the south side I'd steal a car?" he jokes.

"You know I'm starting to think Mom pays you better than she ever did me."

"Maybe that's because I get my work done and don't distract people around me." He grins.

"I don't distract you guys, I'm funny and you need to hear my jokes." I laugh

The waiter comes over and takes our orders, like always Zay orders the steak, tonight I decided on the chicken 

Our dinner was amazing, I don't know if it was worth the price tag but it was beautiful never the less. Zay escorts me back to the car and opens my car door for me helping me in, then gets into the driver seat and starts the car.

"Thank you for dinner." I smile over at him.

"You're welcome." He smiles back. "We have one more stop before home." He announces.

Feeling excited I nod my head, I love it when Zay takes us on little adventures. We drive down the main road and then off onto small side road, I know exactly where we're going. Our spot.

We pull up at the top of the cliff and Zay parks the car. Reaching into the back he pulls out my pink fluffy jacket and hands it to me. "I don't want you to get cold out here." he smiles.

He opens my door for me once more and I step out holding his hand, careful not to trip myself over in my heels on the rocks. Once the door is closed Zay picks me up effortlessly and sits me on the hood of the car, then joins me sitting next to me.