Chapter 37 - Meeting

I head down the stairs, helping Zay down each step. Even though he is healing well the steps can still be a bit of a challenge.

"Do you think it would be better if we moved you downstairs?" I ask as help him down the final step.

"It's fine." He shrugs

"You don't make things easy for yourself, do you?" I laugh softly.

We enter the kitchen and everyone is sitting around the table talking general chit chat and I mean everyone. Ryan, Sasha, P, Zack, Austin, Brigette, and of course dad, Lane, and mom, as well as the rest of the Cobra crew. I even spot Shay at the end of the table maybe me words sunk in a little.

"Here he is." Ryan announces happily. "You're looking better." He nods at Zay.

"Yeah, getting there." He nods back and we sit at the table.

"What's this about the?"

"We got some information on Tyler, and you were right he's been working with Luke and his crew, that explains where he's been getting the drugs Lane saw him with and why you thought Luke had something to do with it." Ryan speaks.

"Last night one of our warehouses went up in flames and the men leaving the scene had on the exact same clothing as in the footage from the security cameras from Zay's neighbours place." Lane speaks.

"They're trying to start war with us?" Zack asks

"Yes." Dad nods "stupidly some silly boy gang has decided to start on us." He rolls his eyes. "We're not messing around with the police anymore, I've tried to do things their way to keep to the peace in our agreement and it's not working so now we do things our way, the cobra way." Dad adds.

"Meaning?" I ask biting down on my bottom lip.

"Meaning that we do whatever we have to do." He nods and turns his attention back to everyone else. "You know what we have to do, I want the new guys in training starting now, you can leave." He dismisses.

I stand up from the table but dad turns his attention back to me. "Not you."

I sit back down and look up at him. "Did I do something?"

"Nothing at all." He shakes his head. "You know we've never pushed this on you so I didn't want to ask in front of everyone else, but how would you feel about joining the cobras?" He questions.

"I thought I already was one?" I ask confused.

"By rights yes, but you've never played a role in the group as such." He shrugs "I'm asking how you'd feel about joining us, helping us take Tyler down?"

"Will you teach me how to shoot properly?"

"Of course, I'll have the best shooter I know teach you." Dad nods. "I'd never send you out if you're not ready."

"Then count me in." I nod.

"Really?" He questions surprised.

"Really." I smile up at him.

"Great, I'll go and tell your mother to get training."

"Mom? Moms the best shooter you know?"

"Your mother is an amazing woman Charlie, there isn't much she can't do." He smiles proudly and heads back upstairs.

"The love your parents have for each other is insane." Zay smiles pulling my attention to him.

"It is, they love each other beyond words."

"And yet your dad still lets her take part in all this risky stuff."

"Have you ever tired telling my mom something? You can tell her, but she's not going to listen." I laugh.

"I just, I don't know how he does it." Zay sighs. "Princess I'm happy your stepping up, but if anything was to happen to you, I don't know how I'd live with that."

"I'll be okay, I have the best people looking out for me."

"I know, I think me not being there worries me even more." He admits "at least if I was there, I wouldn't let you out of my sigh and I-"

"Zay." I take his hand. "Don't worry about things that haven't even happened yet, I'm only training for now and if I'm not up to it, I won't take part in the take down." I smile.

"You're right, I'm being over protective. If your dad thinks it's fine, it's fine." He shrugs.

"Hey," I sigh and squeeze his hand. "There is nothing wrong with being over protective. I'm protective of you as well, why do you think I want to join?"

"If you're doing this, do it for you and not me, because I can't live with the idea of you ending up hurt trying to prove some point for me." He stands up from the table and walks out the back.

I get it, I know why he's feeling like this and it has nothing to do with me joining, it's because he isn't going to be well enough to help his family and friends with something he believes is his fault in the first place.

Rather than following him and bugging him, I decide to give him a little bit of space.

Standing up from the table I make my way up to my room and pull my books out. I don't plan on going back to school this year, but I plan on finishing school from home and maybe I'll continue on to college.

Opening my laptop, I sit the books to the side and begin googling.

♥️

"Princess, you hungry?" Zay says loudly as he enters the room.

Startled, I sit up quickly and it's then I realize I've been asleep. "What time is it?" I ask confused.

"It's after six." He makes his way In and sits down on the bed. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

"It's okay, I was getting some study done, and it must have been very exciting because it put me to sleep." I giggle softly and move my laptop from the bed. "Are you feeling any better?"

Sighing softly, he nods. "I am, and I'm sorry for getting annoyed."

"You don't have to apologize Zay, I understand."

"You do?" He asks surprised

"Yes, I get it. You feel like we're all out fighting your battle for you and can't do anything to help because you're still hurt."

"Are you a mind reader?" He laughs softly

"I'm not a mind reader, I know you and I know you're thinking." I smile softly up at him.

"You'd be right." He nods "That's exactly what I was thinking." he grins. "What am I thinking now?"

"Hmm." I tap my chin playfully. "That you love me?"

"Very much." he leans in and presses a kiss to my lips.

"I was kidding." I smile into the kiss

"I wasn't" He bites my lip playfully.

"Hate to break up the love fest but are you two coming for dinner or what?" P asks from the door way with a happy smile.

Let's all take a moment to appreciate the gif at the top and how hot Chet is shall we? Ooof bloody Stephen James I'm obsessed.