C. 32.

Your heart was pounding in your chest as you cradled the young boy in your arms, eyes darting across the room you were in frantically as your mind raced, the sound of gunshots ringing loudly and echoing in your ears.

Your breathing was unsteady and labored as you tried to keep yourself contained.

An ambush.

The two cowards had planned an ambush.

The others had all gone to Wings to clear up the confusion with Hoseok, each of them telling you that you and Louis would be safe in Namjoon's home....Even when you asked Jungkook to stay with you...he brushed you off, telling you the same thing as everyone else.

You were safe.

How wrong they were.

About an hour after they left, the sound of gunshots pulled you from your sleep, causing your body to jerk into defensive mode. You ran to Louis' room, making sure he was unharmed and uninjured.

Now, here you were...crouched beneath the kitchen counter, holding onto a crying Louis as shots were fired all around you.

Luckily, you weren't a sitting duck.

Your chest heaved as you shot across the room, somehow managing to avoid a bullet as you swung the bathroom door open.

You locked the door, setting Louis down to sit on the tub as you swung open the medicine cabinet, filling a plastic bag with the numerous medical supplies that Namjoon had kept stocked away beneath the sink, making sure to take every precaution.

"Wh-Why are those men trying to hurt us?" Louis cried, wiping his eyes.

You glanced at him, closing the cabinet and pushing open the window that rested above the toilet, the sound of the front door being kicked filling your ears.

"They're bad men." You told him, ruffling his curly chestnut locks. "They won't hurt you. Not as long as I'm here."

Louis sniffed, watching as you closed the lid on the toilet.

"Wh-Where's my bubba?" He asked, eyes wide. "He-He said he'd protect me."

You lowered yourself down to his level, urgency overcoming you.

"We are going to go and find your bubba." You consoled. "But, first, we need to get out of this house and away from the bad men...I need you to be brave and stay with me, okay?"

He nodded his head, bottom lip trembling.

You pulled his curls back, placing a small kiss to his forehead before picking him up in your arms and putting him through the bathroom window, silently thanking god that you were on the first floor.

After Louis was safely down, you went through, making sure to close it behind you, keeping the plastic bag of medical supplies close to your chest as you began to run into the dense forest that surrounded Namjoon's estate, eyes trying to adjust to the darkness as more gunfire filled your ears, causing you to flinch.

Namjoon's men must have been fighting back.

You continued to run, picking up Louis and going deeper into the woods.

The sound of a loud explosion caused you to freeze in your spot, blood turning cold as you slowly turned on your heel.

A gasp left your lips as you took in the sight before you.

Namjoon's home had gone up in flames, every square inch burning before your very eyes as the sounds of blood-curdling screams filled your ears.

Numerous black vans were parked in front of the house, men dressed in black laughing as they watched the house burn..as they listened to the innocent servants burn in their beds.