Epilogue

{One year since you}

Jimin let out a loud huff as he stared at the birthday cake in front of him, arms crossed across his chest.

"Do I really have to be here?" He asked in annoyance, raising an eyebrow as the younger man cut the cake.

Jungkook nodded his head.

"Of course." He scolded. "You know Louis wanted to have you here on his birthday."

Jimin turned up his nose.

"Why doesn't he get friends his own age, for a change?" He asked. "It isn't healthy to hang out with mob bosses while you're his age."

Jungkook hummed in response.

"He said he didn't want any of his school friends over."

Jimin raised an eyebrow.

"Why not?" He asked. "Surely, they must be more fun than we are."

Jungkook sighed heavily, his cake-cutting coming to a slow halt.

"He said that he doesn't want them here, because they didn't know her."

Jimin froze at his statement, eyes widening slightly.

"Th-That's-"

Jungkook nodded.

"He said that he wanted to be able to talk about her...at least on his birthday."

Jimin's shoulders slumped as he nodded slowly.

"I guess we have been kind of hesitant to bring her up.." He sighed, rubbing his face. "It's only natural that he would want to talk about her. After all, he was very close to her."

Jungkook nodded, continuing his work.

"I still think about that day..." He confessed. "I dream about it...If-if we would have stopped her-"

"Don't do that to yourself, Jeon." Jimin scolded. "That's a nasty place to go...We couldn't have stopped her...even if we tried. You know that."

Jungkook fell silent at those words, only nodding his head.

"I wish she were here." He confessed quietly. "She would know exactly what to say..."

Jimin hummed in agreement, hand running through his hair.

"All we can do now is live a life that she would be proud of..."

"What's with the gloomy atmosphere?"

Both men shot up as Taehyung entered the room, Louis' arms wrapping around his neck as he smiled widely at his brother.

"TaeTae is here!" He announced happily.

Jungkook nodded, sending his brother a smile.

"I can see that."

"He said he was going to shoot his brother!"

Taehyung frowned at those words.

"I also told you to keep that a secret."

"Still making those stupid attempts to kill me?" Seokjin spoke as he entered the room, rolling his eyes in disdain as his younger sibling.

"They aren't really attempts, just play attempts." He countered with a square smile.

Seokjin scoffed.

"You're still the same idiot as you were a year ago."

"And you're still the same snot-nosed-"

"You guys can't fight." Louis announced proudly. "It's against the rules."