Chapter 1

AVIANA POV

Life has a funny way of giving us obstacles that we don't deserve. Obstacles that make us regret living. Obstacles that are suppose to give us learning experiences and strength, but that can also be suffocating and painful.

My pain began the moment I was born. I was born a disgrace, a nobody, a life ruiner, a failure. Well thats what I was told. I was told that everyday by my parents for 10 years. For those ten years, I endured all types of abuse in the hands of my parents. The parents that is suppose to love me. That is suppose to care for me, that I am suppose to be their greatest blessing, but only turned to be their BIGGEST MISTAKE.

I have never felt love by them, but my grandmother, my superwoman, my hero, my strength, my everything. She found me at 10 years old. She was my fathers mother. She was beautiful, Silky black curly hair that hung down to the middle of her back, beautiful honey color skin, amazing hazel green eyes and she looked no older that 40 years old. She sent you a feeling of safety that you wanted to be with her, always making you smile even on your worse day.

I never knew she existed. My father never talked about her, always said she disowned him because she didn't like the life he lived. I would do the same, who likes a druggie. My parents did every single drug you can think of and because of that, they are very abusive, mentally, physically and verbally. THEY HATED ME.

Im going to tell you how my life changed a lot. Im going to tell you my story.

IM AVIANA RAIN.

*****************************************

"Where is this girl at?" Ashley said.

"I dont know, have you tried calling her?" Selina asked.

She nodded before sighing, "I did on our way here and she said she was already here."

"Nevermind, I found her over here" She said.

"Standing next to the school fountain, reading her book, like always. Should of looked there first." Selena said while rolling her eyes.

"Lets go!" Ashley said raising her arm so its lands around Selenas shoulders pulling her along toward me.

Reading is my life, I would read all the time. It was the only thing that kept my mind right. The only thing I can relax to. Some perfer liquor or drug, I perfer books. Its my escape from this cold world.

As I'm reading, I hear my bestfriend Ashley scream my name, making me drop my book.

"Are you serious? Im right here!" I glare at her after hearing the way she screamed my name in my ear.

"Im sorry, I couldn't resist it" She laughed.

While rollling my eyes, I pick up my book and dust it off. Making sure all the dirt is off of it and its not ruined. When I was sure it was fine, I placed it in my bag. I looked up and seen Ashley staring at me with a half smile. She stands about 5'6 and was beautiful with light chocolate color skin, her long black eyelashes laying perfectly over here bright brown eyes and curly black hair. Ashley was the adult of us, always making sure we don't get in trouble, but she was also laid back, and got serious when needed.

"Im sorry Avi" she said.

I just roll my eye but as she starts talking, I see Selena next to her. She was beautiful also, with her red wavy long hair. Green eyes, small button nose that laid a few freckles. She was the outgoing of us, always got invited to the coolest parties and VIP after parties. She had a crazy sense of style but always looked good in anything she put together.