Chapter 22

KAI POV

I have just arrive at our company building in Virginia and it is cold and raining right now. I hurry up and park the car and run in the building. I walk in and see tan and grey walls with beautiful shape color paintings. I waiting area with black couches and a receptionist on the other. I walk up to the desk and there is a girl sitting there on her phone, smacking some gun. I clear my throat and she asks if I got an appointment. Didn't look at me or away from her phone. Is this really the kind of people we got working here for us.

"I said do you have an appointment? If not, you need to leave and not just stand there and say anything." She say in a snarky tone.

"No I don't have an appointment. I'm actually the C-" she cuts me off saying,

"Well then you need to leave. I'm on break anyways." I look at her, I know she did not just cut me off. I know the manager didn't hire this floozy to work my front desk. I'm confused on why she here right now. Just as I was about to say something, I hear the elevator ding and a older man in his mid 40s come walking out with a young woman. He walks her to the exit and hugs her goodbye. He turn around and sees me and walks to the receptionist. He comes up to me and says,

"Hello, My name is Michael Fox, I'm the manager here. How may I help you?" I shake his hand. "Hey, I'm Kai Martinez." He becomes frozen and then clears his throat. "It's nice to meet you Mr. Martinez." I nod my head. "Well should we head up to the main office and talk." He says pointing to the elevator.
"Yes we should but I got a serious question?" I say, looking at the young disrespectful girl. He nods.

"Who is she?" He looks at who I'm looking at. "That is Elaine, she been working here for a month now. Really sweet girl and hard working." When he says that, it makes me want to smack him so hard. "Well I don't know where you got hardworking and sweet girl from because when I walked in here, she was smacking on some gum while scrolling through Facebook and had a snarky ugly ass attitude. She did not one look up at me while speaking. So you have two choices here. Explain why she really here or be fired." I sternly say.

"I don't know. She seems like she is hard working when I see her. She is always working with this young fella in H.R." He explains.  I nod my head and walk towards the elevator. We step in and he clicks level 24. While going on, I ask him to call the young fella that hired her. He makes the call right away and I tell him to meet us in a conference room.

Once settled in my office, we head 2 floor downs to the conference room. We sit across from each other and wait for the guy to come in. About five minutes later, he walks in smirking. You can already tell he a cocky motherfucker. He sits down across from me.

"Hey there, I'm Jason." I nod my head.
"So you don't talk. Usually when someone speaks to you, you answer. Do you know who I am?" He says. I must of snapped my head. Who does this little punk think he is.
"Excuse me?" I say. Michael was about to say something but I put my hand up telling him to shut it.
"Look old man, we ain't hiring right now. Especially someone that looks like a wanna be thug." I stare at him. Okay little punk.

"Michael will you tell me a little about Jason here." I look at Michael.
"Yes, well Jason Reid is the son of David Reid. One of our main clients that we are collaborating with. One that we give some of our cases to. Jason here started working with us about a month or two after we opened. His father wants him to learn the business before he hands his to him." Michael stops talking when I put my hand up.

"You don't need to know who I am. It's not like your important. Unless you are the CEO of this company, I don't have to show no respect to you." I smirk at him. "You are right, now let's wait until your father gets here."