Chapter 3

FLASHBACK

AVIANA POV (Age 10)

It has been 2 days since I've seen my parent, since these bruises appeared on my arms and legs. That right, My parents hate me. They abuse me. Not seeing them for 2 days was normal. They're druggies and forget about me all the time. I was use to it.

By the time I was 8, I knew how to make spaghetti by myself. I knew how to boil water and make me noodles, box mac and cheese and many other things. I was left to fend for myself. If there wasnt any food in the house, I would have to steal at a store, and trust me, I got really good at that. Its not something I was proud about, but it was something I needed to do, to survive.

But if I would of stole food and cooked and it wasn't enough for my parents, I would get beaten. I remember one time I got beated so bad that I was unconscious for 2 days. Waking up in a hospital was something I was use to. My parents would dress up in their 'Good Clothes' and make up the most crazy stories and of course the doctors believed them. They would sneak in my hospital room and make me rehearse my story before the doctors came in to talk to me alone. If it matched, they would turn a close eye. Letting me walk back into the demons hands. I always wanted to tell the truth but I was a scared and weak kid.

My father wasn't my biggest fan, he would beat me non stop over the smallest things. Come in my room late at night and do things I didn't approve of. I was his favorite girl at night and most hated child during the day. Trying to hide from him before he came, only made things harder. He would slap me across my face, just because I wasnt in bed when he came in at night. I told my mother but of course she believed him and I got a beating of my life for 'lying' on my lovely father.

"You are nothing, you are worthless" My mother would say to me everyday.

"You are a disappointment, You are ugly" She would spit in my face.

"You deserve every beating, you are a crying little weak bitch." That was her favorite saying. I always believed it because I didnt deserve to live. I didnt deserve to be happy. I was a burden and a disappointment.

But that all changed a month before my 11th birthday. When I met my angel, my hero, My grandmother.

I haven't seen my parent in two days, I couldnt leave or barely walk because my arms and legs were sore from the beating I got 3 days ago. She knocked on the door and I didnt open it at first because I'm not allowed to open the door for anybody.

"Anthony, it's your mother, can you open the door please?" the lady said.

"My parents not home, I cant open the door for anybody." I said.

"Aviana? Is that you baby?" How did she know my name I thought. Just as I thought of asking she said "Im your grandmother darling. Why dont you open up so I can see you?" I didn't want to because I knew I would get a beaten if my parents knew.

"I cant, I will get in a lot of trouble." I said.

"Its okay, how about you open the door and I dont tell them. I just want to see you."

"I dont know if I should?" I questioned myself.

"How about you unlock the door, and I come in, so technically you didn't let me in, I let myself in." She said to me, making me think she was right.

"Okay, but you have to promise not to tell my daddy because he will get really angry at me."

"I promise."