Chapter 23

AVIANA POV

Today is a nice and warm day. The kids have a play date with some little boy from their class at school. I have spoke to the mother and found out that she some Hair stylist or something like that. We are going to go to the park. the kids love the park. Once I got them dressed and was ready to leave, we stop at my Bakery and grab some muffins to take to the park with us. Walking in, we were greeted by James and Danny. They have been working for me for the last 3 years. James is a sweet young man. He just turned 20 last week. He is a college students. Danny is very outgoing. She is 21 and has a 1 year old little girl. She is a single mom and the sweetest person you will ever meet. I watch her little girl sometimes on my days off. The baby usually goes to Danny mother house but I sometimes give er a break and take her for the day. I know how hard it is taking care of a young child by yourself. I took care of two. 

"Hey Aviana. Hey Keyona and Kevion." James says.

"Hey unkle James." They yell and run behind the counter to greet him.

"Is that who I think it is?" Danny says coming out the kitchen.

"Aunty Danny!" They run and hug her. "You have something on your face." Keyona points out.

"Oh it must be flour from making someones favorite muffins." She says looking at both of them. They start getting excited.

"You had us Blueberry muffins Aunty Danny." They say in Unison.

"I did but only for good little kids. Have you been good for mommy?" She says.

"Yes we have! Tell her mommy, Tell her we have been good kids." Kevion says. I look at them an I look at Danny, giving her a wink. 

"I dont know. I think Kevion didnt pick up his toys after I told him to and Keyona made a mess with breakfast." I say, teasing them.

"No, no no, we cleaned up our rooms mommy. we did, we did, we did." They say.

"Okay, then ill let her know yall yall good kids." I say and they stare at each other with happy smiles on their faces. They turn back around and Danny with two muffin holder boxes with a little bow tied on the top. She hands them both one and I smile at them and we walk out from the back counter. The kids werent watching where they were going and accidently run into this older man. He looks down and helps Keyona up. I run over to them. 

"Im so sorry for my daughter. They are excited for the muffins." I say.

"Its okay, I love the muffins here too. I been coming here for about 2 years and have been trying to talk to the owner to see if they are willing to do a every friday treat thing for the lawyer office across the street. But I can never catch up with them." He says.

"Well you just got lucky. Im Aviana Rain, I own this bakery." I said reaching out my hand to shake. He does.

I feel someone pulling on my shirt, I look down and see Keyona. "Mom can we go now please." 

"One second honey." I turn around back to the man, "We are on our way to the park. But if you want to leave your card with James at the counter right there, I will give you a call in the morning and we can talk." 

"That would be great. Thank you."

I start to walk off before I hear "Order for a Mr. K Martinez." I stop in my tracks for a second. Then I look behind me, It cant be, right. He is in California. 'K' can stand for anybody and alot of people habe the last name Martinez. Im knocked out my thoughts when I feel Kevion pulling me. "Alright, Alright, Lets go."