Chapter 8

3 Months Later

AVIANA POV

These last couple months have been amazing. After a month, me and Kai have decided to take things to the next level. I know your probably thinking, they already had sex so whats the next level. Well he asked me to be his girlfriend. I couldn't believe it at first but eventually I said yes.

We have date night every friday. We even go on double dates with Ashley and Ethan. Yup, they hit it off real well. Selena barely comes, usually she says she has to work but I think its because she doesn't have anyone to come with all the time. We offer to cancel our dates to have a girls night but she just says she is fine and for us to go have fun and that we can always make a girls night another night. But we havent in weeks. She is barely here anymore since Kai and Ethan is here a lot or sometime we go to Kai house. We always invite her but she never wants to come. Like tonight for example. We invited her to Kai house because he throwing a small get together and she said she wasn't feeling well. We offered to stay with her but she refused. Once we got into Kai car, him driving, with me in the passenger seat and Ethan and Ashley in the back. He started driving away from the house and I felt really bad to leave Selena.

"Whats wrong baby?" Kai asked.

"I just feel like we havent spent alot of time with Selena and I know she wasnt sick tonight. I think she just didnt want to come tonight." I explained.

"Avi, maybe just just wants to be alone for alwhile. You know its about this time when her sister died." Ashley said.

"And thats why I feel like she needs us the most right now." I said with a sad smile.

"Avi, she always does this, she always wants to be alone around this time, even before. She never wanted us around because she said it just makes her feel worse, when we constantly show her pity and apologize for what happened to her sister. Dont take it to heart Avi. She knows we love her and thats all that matters." Ashley said. Knowing exactly what to say to make me feel better.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened to her sister." Ethan asked.

"Her sister use to do drugs and nobody knew, because when she was around you couldn't even tell. She was always happy and giddy. But I guess it was a drug deal went wrong because she was shot and killed. The guy turned himself in and admitted everything that happened. Saying that someone tried to set him up and bullets went flying and she was caught in cross fire." I said with a sad smile on my face.

"She was an amazing girl and we all miss her. Especially Selena. They were really close before She went off to college." Ashley said.

"Well thats sad. Let Selena grieve her sister and y'all just keep checking on her as her friends. She knows if she needs yall, yall will be there. Now lets remove those sad faces and have a good time tonight. Okay baby." Kai said while bringing my hand to his lips kissing it.

When we got to Kai house we got everything ready for the party. Once people started showing up, I just kept wishing Selena was here. So I walked to Kai room and decided to call her and check on her.

"Hey baby girl, how are you?" I asked

"Im good Avi. But right now is not a good time." She said quickly.

I heard someone in the background say something.

"You have company?" I asked.

"Um, No That was the TV." She said quickly.

I knew it wasn't the TV but I didn't want to argue with her about it. I knew she had someone over but she grieving right now so I let it go.

"Okay, well let me know if you need anything baby girl. I love you."