Chapter 9

THE NEXT MORNING

AVIANA'S POV

I wake up in warm arms. The smell of his cologne inhaling in my lungs. His smooth chest rubbing against my cheek. I know look up to see him staring at me with a smile on his face.

"Goodmorning my love."

"Goodmorning Kai." I get up a little, just to peck his cheek and roll onto his stomach to where im now laying on top of him.

"Baby, we need o talk about something serious."  He says looking dead in my eyes.

"What about?" I say, looking at him confused.

"Yesterday Ethan came out and talked to me about a conversation you and Ashley was having about a guy from 3 years ago. I need to know what that was about. It had you in tears and a little scared Ethan said." He said, while running his hand through my hair.

I sit up. I knew we would have to have this conversation but I didn't know it was going to be this soon. I wanted to wait because I didnt want him to think of me any different. I didn't want him to stop liking me. Now that I know he loves me, Its going to be hard to tell him because I dont want to lose him. But he has the right to know. He has the right to know about my ex Ace.

"Just promise me that you will keep an open mind and you wont hate me." I told him.

"I can never hate you my love." He said with his hand now caressing my cheek. Giving me a soft kiss on my lips.

"Then here we go. Its all started Three years ago."

THREE YEAR AGO.

When I was in my last year of high school, it was always Ashley, Selena and Me. We were all into different things. Selena was the head cheerleader, Ashley lead singer in music and I was of course the nerd in the group. Had glasses, always wore baggy sweaters and a tight ponytail. I was a 'cool nerd' is what Selena and Ashley would say.  Everyone would try to talk to me becuse I was friends with the 2 most popular girls in school. Who wouldnt want to hang out with the head cheerleader and the girl who has the most amazing singing voice in all of the school.

What nobody knew was that I had a HUGE crush on the new kid that started that year. He was very handsome, sweet and very outgoing. Had that outgoing vibe you would want to be around. All the girls loved him and all the boys wanted to be him. He was the 'Cool Dude'. I never told anyone about my crush for him, not even Ashley or Selena. I never wanted to talk to him, I never wanted to hang out with him. It was literally just a tiny little crush.

He was throwing the back to school party. It was suppose to be the party of the year. So EVERYONE got a invite, including me. But everyone knew I didn't go to parties so they never invited me. I was turning 18 in a few months and I never once been to a party. Even though Ashley and Selena tried to drag me to them, I just wasnt the party type of girl.

When I got the invite in my locker, It was awkard. I stared at it and then crumbled  the piece of paper up. Grabbing my books for my next lesson, I went to toss the crumbled paper in the garbage when I turned around and smashed into someone. My books and papers falling everywhere.

"Im so sorry." I said to whoever was in front of me. I didn't even know who it was. They helped me get my things up and handed it to me. I looked up to apologize again, when I seen it was Ace 'the cool guy'. I looked down to make sure I grabbed everything, when I seen the crumbled piece of paper still on the ground, I went to pick it up and he decided he would do it. He uncrumbled it and seen that it was his invite. "Where you tossing this in the garbage?" I looked up and nodded. I couldnt speak. "So you werent going to come to my party?" I shook my head. "Why?" He asked. I looked at him nervously, seeing that he actually is having a converation with me. I finally got my nerves under control and said "No, partys arent my thing. I figured someone slipped that in my locker on accident."