Chapter 10

KAI POV

It has been a month since Aviana had mentioned to me about the asshole and man if I ever see him, he is going to wish he was never born. How dare he put his hand on someone so beautiful, so fragile and so amazing. When she was telling me their story, I couldn't believe all the things she went through and she is still so strong. Aviana has been though hell. Being raped and abused by her father and ex-boyfriend.

She is amazing and she is mine. I never imagined myself getting this lucky to have a girl like her and here I am blessed. She really became my everything in just a matter of months.

As I sit here typing on the computer trying to get some dirt on some mid 40's old man, that apparently been embezzling some rich guy, my mind kept drifting off to Aviana. What she was doing? Who she was with? If she was thinking about me as much as I was thinking about her? Is she excited for our date tonight? I was starting to think about forgetting our date tonight and imagine getting off work, picking her up from wherever she was, taking her back to my place and placing her on my kitchen counter and ravishing her sweet core with my tongue. But as soon as I was getting to the best part, here is Ethan snapping me out of dream.

"Yo Kai, you got some dirt on this guy?" He said.
"Naw, I can't find anything besides he was married twice and got 2 kids with his first wife and 1 with his second. But I did see that he had a sexual assault charges against him 3 years ago from his first wife. But it look like he wasn't convicted." I explained.
"So basically useless information." He said, putting his hands over his face.

I look at the screen again, trying to dig deeper. Then something catches my eyes.

"Wait! I think I found something. So I did a face scan to see if I can find anything and it looks like this guy have 4 different bank accounts. All with different names besides 1 but all with the same picture on his original I.D. It's weird. The one with his real name has only a few thousand dollars in it. But the other 3, they each have over 5 million in them. Let me see if I can find where the money is coming from. It might take a few hours though." I said, staring at the computer.
"Yes, get to work man. I love having a bad boy geek as a best friend." He said walking off laughing.
I roll my eyes and laugh a little.

This is going to take a while and I knew I wouldn't be on time for Aviana and mine date tonight so I decided to call her,

After a few rings she finally answers.

"Hello?" Her voice sounding like she was sleep.
"Hey baby, were you sleeping?" I asked her.
"Yeah, I wanted to take a nap before out date tonight." She sounded so tired.
"Well that's actually why I am calling. I might have to cancel our date tonight."
"Why? Is everything okay?" She sounded a litter worried.
"Everything is fine Mami. I just have a lot of work to get done and I wanted to let you know so you don't think I didn't show up, because I didn't want to."
"Oh okay. I understand babe. Thank you for calling me and letting me know." She fell silent.
"I'm sorry baby. I hope you are not upset. I promise I will make it up to you." I told her, hoping she wouldn't be mad.
"Of course I'm not mad babe. I just miss you. I haven't seen you in 3 days." She said sadly.
"I know baby. I miss you like crazy to. How about this weekend, we rent a cabin in the mountains. Just the two of us." I said.
"Really?! Just the two of us? Like a romantic get away." She sounded so excited.
"Yes baby, just the two of us. How does that sound?"
"YES, YES, YES!!!" She screamed.
"Alright, I'll come pick you up Friday after work around 6. That sound good?" I asked with a smile.
"Okay, I can't wait to see you. I miss you. I love you so much, Kai."
"I can't wait either. Once we hang up, I'll look up a cabin and make all the arrangements. I miss and love you too baby girl."
"I'm so excited, I don't think I'll be able to go back to sleep." She said, sounding so excited.
"Well make sure you get lots of rest baby because you are going to need all your energy at the cabin."
"OMG Kai, stop" she laughed.
"I'm serious, but baby I have to go. Make sure you pack enough of clothes and stuff. I'll see you in 2 days. I love you." I told her.
"I love you too." Right before she hung up, I heard her yell Ashley and Selena name.