1

»»»

"Kim Namjoon?"

Namjoon looks up from where he's getting ready to go do the laundry by the river like his mother asked him to. Only to see none other than Jung Hoseok approach him.

He immediately panics and straightens his back as he looks down at the floor. Too shy to look the healer straight into his eyes.

He's just an omega, not worthy of gazing up at someone as precious as a healer.

"Namjoon?" The man asks again.

"Yes sir." He says with wide eyes as he softly shifts from left to right. Wondering why the healer is talking to him.

"The Alpha has requested your help." Hoseok says and the younger's eyes nearly pop out of his head when he hears the words.

"M-my help? But why? What could I possibly help him with? I doubt he meant me—"

"Don't be startled, you're just supposed to watch his son. Many parents in the pack speak lovingly about you, thankful that you take good care of their children when they're out." Hoseok says and Namjoon blinks in surprise. People speak about him?

"I'll have to ask my mother."

Hoseok frowns. "I doubt she'll mind. Now hurry, Alpha Min would like to see you before he leaves with the hunters."

Namjoon doubts he's given a choice. The healer might be asking lightly but he's not once had the opportunity to say no.

"Come with me."

He's dragged along by the man, he feels eyes following him around as they walk past the caves and huts that the wolves live in. Most live in caves as they enjoy sleeping in their wolf form, while others build huts to embrace their human form.

"Mr healer I—"

"Call me Hoseok."

"Ah, Hoseok—"

"Hush, don't stress Namjoon. The Alpha is a very reasonable man. Just stressed. His son is lovely, a bit of a trouble maker but an amazing kid." The elder reassures and Namjoon assumes the man must be sensing his stress.

"It's not his son that is the problem. I'm sure I'll embarrass myself in front of the alpha. Please save me that utter humiliation!" Namjoon almost pleads and Hoseok scoffs.

"Nonsense. You'll do fine. Plus it's his kid that's important."

Namjoon bites his lip nervously, anxious for what's about to happen. He doesn't want to say no to the alpha, but saying yes could turn into am even bigger disaster.

The alpha has never even look at him, them being a fairly large pack. His family's cave and hut are at least ten minutes away from the Alpha circle. Human form, it would be a three minute wolf run.

"Yoongi!" Hoseok says waving at the alpha by his cave. The man is watching his son play with one of the hunter's tail, biting and jumping at it.

"Hoseok." The man says barely even acknowledging the omega besides the healer.

Namjoon just feels uncomfortable. Especially when they're getting closer and he realises the height difference between him and the alpha.

"Good morning, sir." Namjoon says, a blush evidently on his cheeks as he stares at the floor. Not wanting to challenge their very own alpha.

"You're an omega?" The alpha says, sniffing the air before nodding his head. "You smell like one."

"Yes, sir."

"Ease up on the kid Yoongi. JaeSoo come over here love." Hoseok calls out with a wide smile and the kid look up, immediately storming over to the three adults.

Yoongi grabs his son, lifting it up and smiling at him proudly.

"JaeSoo, daddy has been busy lately." Yoongi says and Namjoon silently watches how the rather cold demeanour melts away like snow in sunshine when he's talking to his son.

"Daddy's super mean!" The little boy pouts slightly hitting his daddy's chest. "Stupid daddy."

The alpha chuckles. "Yes he has been a bit mean. That's why you're getting a babysitter." Yoongi says turning to the omega.

"You will be supervised by Taehyung the first few days. I need to know whether you can be trusted." And back again is the cold and angry alpha.

Namjoon's eyes advert back to the floor as he nods. "O-of course sir. Does your son have any special needs?"

"Taehyung will fill you in." He says coldly before as he puts his son down, smiling at the little boy.

"What's your name kid?" The alpha asks and Namjoon and Namjoon's eyes widen a little. "Actually I'm not a kid. I'm twenty sir, not that it matters to much, it's just I'm not underage and—"

"Your name." Yoongi growls linching the bridge of his nose.

"Kim Namjoon." The omega squeaks nervously.

"If my son makes one complaint you're banished." Yoongi says sternly before kissing his son goodbye and marching off to join the hinters.

The kid looks up at him with wide eyes.

"Are you my babysitter?"

"Guess I am."

»»»