56

"No Yoongi, we're tired. I'm hormonal and—"

"Do you not like like me?" Yoongi asks, putting the omega on the spot.

Namjoon is silent for a few seconds. "We'll talk about this tomorrow." He calmly says and right when Yoongi is about to open his mouth to say something back loud cries fill the home.

"Mommy!"

Both wolves race to JaeSoo's room, the pup crying loudly in his bed. "I had a bad dream mommy." He cries, looking up at the omega with teary eyes.

"Did you now?" Namjoon asks, sitting down next to the boy, softly stroking his head.

"Yes, will you protect me?" JaeSoo asks making the omega chuckle. "But daddy's way stronger baby."

"But I feel safer with mommy."

Namjoon's eyes snap to Yoongi's, his are cold and unreadable. Unsure of what to say or do the taller blurts the first thing that comes to mind.

"But daddy can protect us both."

The pup sniffles. "I only want mommy."

"Yoongi—"

"No." Yoongi says, shaking his head slowly. "I'm a failure little omega. Aren't you happy you were right all along."

"I smell like her, kids often tend to like their mother more than their dad." The omega tries to reassure the alpha.

"He hasn't been with het for five years, I have been that bad of a father that he has now chosen you over me."

"Don't conclude that Yoongi, it's a tired and scared pup's words." He Namjoon whispers softly.

"I'm supposed to be his saviour Namjoon, dad's are every kids superhero's. At least the kid's who have fathers." He mumbles, shaking his head a little.

"Don't overthink it, he loves you."

"I know he does, I love him too yet I can't seem to be the person he needs me to be." The alpha sighs, looking up at the stars.

"Maybe you're scared." Namjoon mumbles. "He is the only thing that still connects you to—"

"Don't say her name."

They sit in silence. Neither of them knowing what to say but both knowing there is so much to say.

"Did you love her?"

"More than anything." Yoongi's words are without hesitation.

"I don't think you're over her Yoongi, you can't even her hear name, let alone say it." The taller mumbles watching as the alpha smiles sadly.

"You're helping me move on."

The younger sighs, tears prickling in his eyes as he speaks. "I don't think I am." He whispers softly. "I think I'm just numbing the pain."

The shorter swallows thickly. "How would you know?"

"Because I fucking love you, and when I look at you you're this broken man, and I do believe you love me but right now you don't have enough space to love us both." His voice cracking at the end.

Yoongi turns to him.

"Maybe you were right little omega." Tears shine in his eyes as he smiles sadly. "Maybe it isn't our time yet."

Namjoon shrugs. Returning the sad smile. "I said it." He croaks. "I said I love you."

The alpha nods.

"I love you too."