.1

Josephine|

I angrily shove my clothes into my duffle bag. I put in girl products, a few pairs of jeans and band tees and undergarments. They won't let me bring make up or any hair products so I'll just have to throw my wavy mess of hair into a ponytail everyday.

I don't mind not bringing my make up though. I love it, but I don't exactly need it to survive. I just wear it for different looks and the enjoyment of putting it on. But my hair on the other hand, it's hard to deal with.

I'm gonna be gone for two months, which in my opinion is completely screwed up and not needed, so I pick up a handful of hairbows and shove them in the pocket of my bag.

I'll be leaving this hell hole tomorrow and be gone for two whole months. I'm actually pretty relieved to be leaving but pretty pissed because of where I'm going. I'm almost eighteen. I shouldn't be treated like I'm five, dammit.

Once I have everything packed I go over to my closet and get changed for work.

It's only 10 am and I don't have to be at work until 11:30, but I like to start getting ready early. Plus it's a 10 minute drive to get there.

I pull out black ripped stockings, ripped dark purple shorts, a black tank top and a black with purple print, off the shoulder, All Time Low shirt.

I head to my bathroom with clothes in hand. I do my usual showering routine which is washing my hair, washing my body,etc.

Once I'm out I quickly blow dry my dark brown, with tealish colored tips, hair before straightening the back and right side. The left side is shaved so I don't have to worry about it.

I leave it straight and slightly puffy before moving on to my make up.

I apply all the face stuff blah, blah. I then do a purple/black smokey eye and winging out my eyeliner. I put on mascara before moving on to my lips. I outline my lips with a dark purple lip pencil and then put on a lighter purple lipstick and blind it in with the darker outline. I put clear lipgloss over that and I'm finished.

I throw on my combat boots, grab my leather jacket, phone and wallet before heading downstairs. Yes, I'm wearing a jacket but I have shorts on. It's fall, I know, but it gets pretty warm in the music store. And I like the style of the outfit.

I see a sticky note on the table by the door. I walk over to read it.

Josephine,

We had to go in early. Remember to tell your boss you'll be gone for two months. We won't be home until late tonight.

Mom.

I groan at the note and her reminding me of whats gonna be happening. It's what I was expecting, her putting that in there. They usually just leave notes when they leave, its normal.

Once I get into my car I turn it on and let it run for a few minutes, heating it up. While I'm sitting there I think about the next two months. It's November first. I'll be missing Thanksgiving and Christmas. I can't believe they're making me go to some school on the holidays. That's screwed up. I know they pretty much hate me but I didn't know they would go that low.

I give it no more thought as I connect my phone to the bluetooth in my car and start playing the new Black Veil Brides album. I pull out of the driveway and head to the coffee shop before going to work.

My parents may hate me but they knew I needed a car because I would have no other way to get work or places I needed to be. So they got me a 2013 Chevy Camaro. They said I could at least get that for my grades. It was also a present for my 16th birthday. I actually thought my parents were decent that day, but the thought went as soon as it came.