Chapter Two

Residents Of Liddenville

LISA woke up the next day all sweaty from a nightmare. She had been dreaming, a scary one where she was talking with Sarah, encouraging her to visit Josh's parents and then Sarah left.

Lisa ventured towards Sarah's room, she was scared but she didn't know why then she walked in and saw blood but Sarah was sitting and looking at her.

"It's your fault, you should have come after Josh left, you shouldn't have waited for my killer to come and kill me. It's your fault", Sarah said maliciously and Lisa started hearing screams, her screams. Then she woke up.

Was it truly her fault? If she had come when Josh left would it be a different story? Of course, it would have, she thought. If she had been with Sarah, the killer might not have killed her and Sarah would obviously still be alive.

Tears threatened to fall as she stood up and headed to the bathroom to have a nice long wash. She came out and decided to call Robin and thank him for last night. She didn't know whether he came back home and she didn't want to venture around the house looking pointlessly for him.

She dialled his line and he picked on the second ring.

"Hey Lisa, how are you feeling now?", he asked.

"A bit better.", she paused. "Robin, thanks for helping me yesterday.", she said.

"Oh don't worry about that. What happened yesterday was... terrible and I can't imagine what you went through seeing... I'm sorry and I'm glad I could be there for you."

"So have you guys you know found any clues?", she asked.

"No, not yet. We've sent the... um... body to forensics and they're checking it for how she got the injuries and all. We're bringing Josh in for questioning today seeing that he was the last person known to have seen Sarah. I'll let you know of anything that we find out and if we would need your assistance for anything else.", Robin said.

"Thanks, Robin, that would be helpful.", she said sounding dull.

"I called Hugh to let him know and he's headed over to the house to pick you up. I hope that's alright?", Robin asked and at that moment she heard a familiar horn outside.

He was here. "Sure, thanks.",

"I was glad I could help. I have to go now.", he said. They exchanged goodbyes and hung up. The doorbell rang and she went to answer. She opened to see Hugh.

Hugh, her boyfriend, was a handsome young man with blonde hair. He was tall and had a good physique. They had met in high school like most of her friends. At that point, they didn't have any feelings towards each other but things changed when they started working.

She worked for the same construction company as he did. He was the accountant and she was in one of the administrative posts, meaning they both dealt with paperwork and not on the field.

The men at the office were being mean and disapproving since she was the only female on the team. She was not intimidated by them but they were very cruel. Once it got too much for her to take and Hugh found her crying. He heavily reprimanded the men that day and told them to treat her with much respect.

Since then, he was the only friend she had on the team and their friendship blossomed into something more. Of course, she always had the thought that she shouldn't be dating him since he was her colleague but she just couldn't bring herself to end it.

She looked deeply into his eyes before she hugged him. They stayed like that for a while. He knew what had happened.

"How are you feeling?", he asked as he entered the house and sat.