Chapter Twenty-Three

The Meeting

A VERY EVENTFUL WEEKEND

THAT was the headline of the day. It first started with the interview Sandra had with Robin when he was still sheriff, which she highlighted.

It mentioned that Robin vaguely stated that the main suspect they had for the only murder at that time was a female. He said he couldn't give full facts of an ongoing investigation and that all he could say was that they were following the suspect closely. He also disclosed that they were moving on from the fact that Hugh could have been the murderer as they were still gathering evidence against the latest female suspect.

Then she moved on to the news about Ana's death and that she was found hanging in her own bedroom by her sister. She said it looked like a suicide but she wouldn't be surprised if the police said it was a murder.

Then she went to Ex-sheriff's Rage as she called it. Where he went in a fit of rage and arrested the later released civilian, Miles who was widely known as one of Ana's few friends. He was arrested because he was the last person to be seen with Ana. That was his crime

Sandra also wrote that the reason behind Ex-sheriff, Robin's attitude was his secret affair with the recently deceased. Even though she had told Robin that she wouldn't mention his affair, she ended up doing so.

Then she went on to the arrival of a former suspect, Hugh Kent. And that he didn't come back empty-handed but with a Sheriff to put out of authority the man that made him a suspect in the first place, Robin.

All in all, the article just mentioned Robin in the worst light possible.

Sidney just read the papers and she was very worried. She knew it deep in her heart that she was the suspect Robin had told Sandra about. She had a feeling.

No other person had been mentioned as a suspect apart from Hugh and she knew Robin had suspected her from when he told her he found her necklace at the crime scene.

So she took her phone and called the person that put her in this mess in the first place.

"What is it?", the person asked rudely.

"Have you seen the papers? About the suspect.", Sidney said.

"So?"

"So, it means I'm the suspect. I mean it wasn't stated there but I just know because of the necklace...",

"I told you to clear that up a long time ago and what did you do, you just broke up with that thick-headed dummy of yours and let him bring detectives to work on the case.", the person said.

"No I... we're still together it's just that we don't see each other again... or we haven't for some time now.", Sidney said in a small voice.

"I don't care and don't call me for things unless they are related to me.", the person said.

"This is related to you. How? Because I can just go up to the station and say everything I know and you know where you'll end up.", Sidney said.

"Oh really! Because if I do the same and I do so before you. I can say everything I know about Ana's death which you're responsible for and I know exactly how to use my words to indicate that you are also responsible for Sarah's murder. Then you know where you'll end up. I'm sure the police would be interested in finding out how a pregnant woman managed to hang a lady almost the same weight.", the person said and then continued.