Chapter Twenty-Five

Lisa's Accident

WHILE waiting she couldn't stand being in the room so she took the diary and went to the living room. She as still on alert when she sat down opened the diary. She remembered where she was and realised that it was some pages after that the thief tore out.

She groaned. She should have carried it with her.

Then she heard a sound from the kitchen and turned. Was someone there? Was it the thief again?

She stood and went to check it out. Just a bag of salt had fallen from her cabinet which she remembered didn't close properly. It must've fallen by itself.

She shook her head and kept it back. Then she went and continued reading. Even if some pages were missing, she might still discover something.

April 27th.

It's been so long since I made an entry. I've been so caught up with Carter and Gwendolyn. The two of them are real bitches. Yep Carter is a bitch. But that's not what I'm writing about today.

Today I discovered something. Sidney is in a whole mess now.

Sidney? What mess?

I never thought her to be the type to have an affair with a married man. I mean in Eugene's situation it might be justifiable.

Eugene? Sidney and Eugene? Miles' uncle? When did they start? How did they start? So many questions arose in Lisa's head but she read on.

I mean his wife, who just happens to be my bitchy aunt sleeps around and isn't ashamed about it. But Eugene had the decency to not be so public about it. I had seen them in his car which was parked some streets from the school. I was on the way to see Mrs Larr, Betty's best friend's mother.

I decided not to make a big deal but I called Sidney over and I got her to tell me about it. And as if the fact that she's having an affair isn't news enough, she's also pregnant for him.

"What!!", Lisa exclaimed. Sidney was pregnant and if this was June then she would be in her 1st trimester. Wow. She had to look out for her. The bump must really start showing now.

And now she's thinking of aborting it. Can you imagine she was even thinking if I could follow her to the hospital? Hell no! I wouldn't. I have now made it my mission to make sure Sidney doesn't do that. The baby deserves to live and I'll make sure of that. Even if it's the last thing I do.

That was where the entry stopped but Sarah's words kept ringing in her head. Even if it's the last thing I do.

Could it be that Sidney actually killed Sarah because she was stopping her from aborting her baby? No that didn't make sense.

Plus Sidney was talking to someone on the phone when she saw her in Sarah's house that day. And from the way she was talking it was as if that person was the murderer and Sidney was an accomplice.

So that means Sidney knows the killer. She should have gone to meet her since. But what did she have to prove that Sidney was an accomplice? She didn't have any recording of Sidney talking to that person on the phone.

She groaned. This was so stressful. Maybe the few remaining pages had something about Sidney that could be proof. So she read on.

April 29th