Chapter Twenty-Nine

The Culprit

"IT'S Raven.", Miles said confirming Pablo and Hugh's worst fear.

"And Lisa how is she? Did she do anything to her?", Pablo asked.

"No no. Lisa's is fine but I think I know where Raven's headed.",

"To the beach.", Pablo and Hugh said at the same time.

The beach was the closest way out of the town. They all had been there once. After the beach was a forest and if you knew your way well you'll end up on a highway which led out to the major cities.

She was gonna escape if they didn't catch up to her.

Then the door opened and the police came in led by Ian and Madisyn.

"Sidney Callister you are under arrest for the murder of Ana Matthews.", a policeman said as he raised her and turned her around.

"Anything you say or do, will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to a lawyer.", the man continued.

"Though I don't think you'll need one.", Ian said as the policeman walked Sidney to the car.

"It's Raven. She was the one who killed Sarah.", Pablo said.

"Wasn't she Sarah's friend?", Madisyn asked.

"She's heading to the beach. From there she's gonna escape. We have to catch up to her.", Hugh said and they all left for the beach.

Pablo went with Hugh and Madisyn with Ian. In the car, Ian wanted to call Moseley and realised he didn't have his number.

"Shit.", he cursed.

"What?", she asked.

"I don't have Moseley's number.", he said.

"Oh. Well, I got Robin's some days ago maybe we can call him."

"But he's no longer sheriff. And isn't he still in jail?", Ian asked

"No someone bailed him out and he can call someone there who'll let Moseley know.",

"Okay. Okay.", Ian agreed.

She dialled and he answered on the second ring.

"Hey, Robin. I'm glad you've gotten out.", she said and Ian mumbled something about her getting to the point.

"Oh thanks.", he responded.

"So we've found out who the murderer is and she's on her way to the beach but we're going to stop her.", Madisyn said.

"Okay. Who is it?", he asked.

"Raven."

"Raven?", he asked as if he didn't hear her.

"Yep her. So could you call someone at the station?  We don't have Moseley's number.", she said.

"Okay. I'll do that right away.", he said and hung up.

"Madisyn you need to be careful okay.", Ian started and she gave him a confused look.

"Don't look at me like that. You have a way of messing yourself up whenever we get to a shoot out.", he said.

"And how do I mess myself up."

"Hmmm let me see.", he said pretending to think for a while.

"That time when we were dealing with that mass murderer you ended up receiving a bullet to your arm which you could have avoided. Then the time with the grocery thief you allowed yourself to get hit."