Chapter Twenty

Miles Arrest

A scream was heard and not long after the police had invaded the Matthews' house. There was a very hysterical Antoine sitting in a corner of the living room crying.

Like a replay of the scene that happened at Sarah's house, a scene that was still fresh in the mind of the residents of Liddenville and now this.

It was still early in the morning as the police removed her body and put it in an ambulance. It looked like suicide but a strange one.

Normally, you would see people who just hung themselves, but in Ana's case, she was bleeding from the mouth, though the blood was now dry.

Had she taken pills and then hung herself? No one mode of suicide was enough and it was rare to find people who used more than one means.

Madisyn and Ian were the ones that came along with the policemen and ambulance which had now gone.

Robin said he couldn't come. He just couldn't bear to see what had happened and how it had happened.

Once he heard the news he froze, unmoving. Ian had to pry the phone from him and talk to the person before he and Madisyn left. They didn't know what to say. They both knew that he had feelings for her and couldn't imagine what he was going through.

Ian had just finished talking with Antoine and sent her with a policeman to the hospital. She might need therapy to talk to someone professional. He joined Madisyn who was standing still in the room looking at the spot above the bed where the rope had been tied to the fan.

"What do you think about this?", he asked her.

"I don't think it was suicide.", she said and Ian whipped his head towards her.

"You think it was a murder?", he asked.

"And it might jolly well be the person we're looking for.", she said.

"What do you mean, she was found hanging? Who would have the strength to hang someone unconscious from a fan.", he said.

"Two people. Okay, look at this scenario. Let's say she was close to Robin because she was probably doing her investigation of some sort.",

"Why would she be doing her investigation?", Ian asked.

"Didn't you hear her, she said Sarah was one of the true friends she had so she probably wanted to find out who killed her. Let's say the murderer found this out and he or she along with their accomplice killed her and then hung her to make it look like a suicide."

"And what makes you sure they killed her?", he asked.

"I'm starting to think you've lost your detective sense. Didn't you see the blood on her lips? It was dry, meaning that she had stopped bleeding for some time. The autopsy would give us an estimate, paint a better picture for us and clear up whether this was a suicide or not.", she said.

"Well I think it's a suicide.", he said.

"And why?"

"Cause I spoke to the neighbour. He saw a man named Miles..."

"Yeah that was her second friend.", she cut in.

"And the guy came with a car and dropped her off. He spent some time before he left. The neighbour also said Ana looked very sad.", he said.

"Not because she looked sad didn't mean she killed herself.", she said.

"No it doesn't but the neighbour said that Ana was always taunted for some reasons relating to how she lived before. People always insulted her and so she had fewer friends. Maybe she was depressed.", he said and Madisyn was quiet for a while before she spoke again.